Letter to a local estate agent

edited February 2015 in Local discussion
Dear Estate Agency in Stroud Green Road,<div><br></div><div>This is just a polite note to draw your attention to the minor issue I raised with you a couple of times last week.</div><div><br></div><div>It really isn't important and I promise this is absolutely the last word I will have to say on this subject anywhere.</div><div><br></div><div>One of your rather lovely and striking 'FOR SALE' billboards has been left lying around on the pavement in Lorne Road for about two weeks now. I appreciate this is not your action and that it is surely due to the extreme bad manners of some local person - perhaps a client - who has intemperately torn it down and left it lying on a street corner. You are entirely blameless.    However it is your billboard and I should have thought as a responsible member of the community you might have sent someone to pick it up by now.</div><div><br></div><div>It is only an issue because on this particular corner, one piece of rubbish gives the signal to others that this is the 'free parish dump' and the billboard has now been joined by more rubbish.</div><div><br></div><div>I did drop into your office to mention this and I did send a couple of tweets which you acknowledged. (I do apologise by the way for trying to make a poor joke about 'Estate Agents' and 'rubbish' which led you to accuse me of trolling you, a feeble joke that I wholeheartedly and unreservedly withdraw.)   The litter is certainly not your fault.  Nevertheless I'm quite surprised that a week on, you've still not come and got your billboard.   It's at the junction of Lorne Road and Stroud Green Road.</div><div><br></div><div>As I say, I promise this is absolutely the last time I will mention this or indeed any other Stroud Green rubbish related issues on any forum, Stroud Green.Org, Twitter or elsewhere.  It really is not my business.  And since as my friends have pointed out, there are far more interesting things to get excited about.   Such as food, beer, chess, gentrification, and jumpers over shirts.</div><div><br></div><div>Warmly,</div><div><br></div><div>Krappy</div>

Comments