Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Seriously Mean and Kinky

Hilarious review in yesterday's Times of a new book about The Kinks.  (To anyone born after 1980 - local band, born Muswell Hill. Quite famous.)   <div><br></div><div>Has a lot of fun with Ray Davies' legendary tight-fistedness.    Marvellous pay-off line:  "That's Ray Davies, a genius, a maverick, the first man out of the taxi, the last one to the bar."  (<span style="font-size: 10pt;">His Scrooge-like qualities have been independently vouched for to me privately by more than one trader round here.)</span></div><div><br></div><div>Any recent sightings of the noble hard-bargaining strummer?<br><div><div><br></div><div>I have heard very good reviews of Sunny Afternoon - the Kinks musical (now playing in the West End).  I am thinking of going.  Anybody seen it?</div><div><br></div><div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div></div>

Comments

• I've seen him a couple of times in Highgate recently.  Think he lives by Pond Sq.  Konk Studios is still up and running in Crouch End, I believe.