Unopened rice, pasta, sugar and tins - out of date

<div>Food as above cleared out of my grandmother's. All packaging intact (no mice!) but best before dates mostly 2011-2012. She laid in supplies in a big way. </div><div><br></div><div>I'd be happy to eat it but am moving away myself and will be in catered accommodation for the next year :-) </div><div><br></div><div>Would anyone like it, and if not, any ideas on an organisation that could use it? Food bank can't take outdated goods. </div>
Tagged:

Comments

• If only <a href="http://www.OLIOex.com">OLIO</a> had been launched you could have posted it on there and I'm sure someone would have taken it! :
  • Hi Hatpin, there was a wanted Freecycle post this week asking for out of date rice/ grains etc. The post is in the Islington North group. Have copied it below: Post ID: 47224386 WANTED: Uncooked Rice, Lentils other Grains Location :Muswell Hill Date : Tue May 5 14:38:09 2015 Posted by :TamarNigogossian Description I am looking for unwanted packs or rice, lentils, quinoa, beans or any other dried grains. They can be out of date as we are not going to eat them. My daughter does not like to play with sand but we discovered that she loved to play with quinoa and rice! It's expensive and a waste of good food to buy new stuff so I figured I would ask for old stuff that would have gone to waste to make up a 'sand' box for her. https://groups.freecycle.org/group/Islington-North-Freecycle/posts/47224386/Uncooked Rice, Lentils other Grains
  • That is so amazingly middle class.
  • edited May 2015
    Hilarious. We have people in Stroud Green using the food bank and this person has been giving their child food to play with because she doesn't like sand. And Islington North is Labour heartland, right? Bloody hell.
  • edited May 2015
    To be fair the woman who posted that does live in Muswell Hill so probably doesn't appreciate the plight of the poor. They have a Le Creuset shop on the high street up there! Our equivalent is Shop4Less
  • Oh by the way don't buy paint from there, it's a rip off
  • We're all a bit quick to judge the person who posted that on Freecycle. For all we know the child has sensory processing issues, and they're just trying to find something their kid can stand touching/playing with.
  • Out of date grains also make a good alternative to baking beans!
  • It is so mucg fun playing with rice. After the rice harvest in India and Bangladesh there is much fun to be had while they are drying
  • Fair enough but I bet it's not as much fun as a Playstation 4