Empty/boarded-up shop on Fonthill Road

There's a boarded up shop on Fonthill Road beside the "Image" tailoring shop. Anyone know what's going on with that? It's been empty for the whole year we've lived here.

Comments

• Image is (brilliant) dry cleaners and alterations. The shop next door has been mostly closed or boarded up over the five years I've lived on Moray Rd, it was a dress shop for a few months and a haberdashery shop for about 6 weeks a couple of years ago. Other than that can't think what else. The Chinese takeaway on the other corner is closed now too.
  • Are the flats occupied above? Almost looks like a squat.<br><br>As an aside, has anyone noticed how many houses are being fully refurbished on the lower bit of Fonthill Road? Between Osterio Tufo and the clothes shops.<br>
  • Those are always being refurbed. There was the punk squat that had the big fire and the one next door, they have been in the process of being done up for ages. The corner shop owns the one next to them. The best place on the whole of Fonthill is the Fox & Phoenix pop cabaret/speakeasy. Look for the taxidermied fox and the squid in the window as there's no sign.
  • lazyatomlazyatom Fonthill Road
    <div>The flat (I am pretty sure it's just one) above it is indeed occupied</div><div><br></div>I was quite surprised when Wing Wah (the Chinese takeaway) closed; it also seemed like the Fish & Chip shop on Tollington Park was closed for a few months too. For a while it seemed like this side of Stroud Green road might be shutting down!
  • <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Fox & Phoenix is amazing place! I had a little party there a few months ago. Really nice bunch of people who run it and very creative use of space. </span>
  • It's a shame about the Chinese takeaway. Over the years I have only eaten a few times and the food was good. Not sure if like mezabahn they were victims of not being aesthetically pleasing with huge amounts of local delivery competition. It would be a good place for a coffee shop with outdoor seating
  • Is it true that the Fox & Phoenix can only have a certain number of events per year? Are the events just not advertised much? I never seem to hear about them until they've been and gone.<div><br></div><div>Sutent - Haha! I think Mezbaan's multiple hygiene offences were its downfall, not its aesthetics. No idea why Wing Wah closed (maybe they just left the area?) but the food was 4/10 at best. I've not heard anyone else mourning its demise.</div>
  • Last i heard a 'sub-aqua' landscape architecture firm were going to take it over. I think they also have office space in london bridge? Anyway, interesting stuff.