Stroudgreen.org Social - Stapleton Tavern - 18:30 - Friday 4 September 2015

edited September 2015 in Local discussion
Righto folks, come and join us for a beverage at the Stapleton Tavern(1) on 4 September. <br><br>Newbies and first-timers especially welcome. Meet your lovely neighbours, engage in a variety of polite but spirited conversations(2), put the world to rights, all while patronising one of Stroud Green's better boozers. Introverts will be treated respectfully. Infrequent posters will be made to feel wanted. Teetotallers will be indulged. The bringing of partners and better-halves is positively encouraged. <br><br>We usually get up to around ten people - not necessarily all at the same time - but we've beaten that once or twice.<br><br>It's always a diverse crowd, and I've never seen anyone fall out yet. I have seen someone fall over though.(3)<br><br>We are usually found lurking by the bar, and can be identified as the group of people who look like they might not often spend time together but are still having enormous fun. If in doubt, lean against the bar clutching your drink and glancing at us nervously until someone catches your eye.<br><br>Looking forward to it already.<br><br>Ben/Arkady<br><br>(1) Unless the other pubs/venues see this and want to start some sort of bribery-based bidding war to persuade us to move. I'm thinking free snacks. The WB Yeats gave us snacks. Whole platters of snacks from Osteria Trufo.<br><br>(2) Previous topics include the state of the railways, the best pizza in Stroud Green, the relative merits of local pubs, and my personal favourite "where the hell is Stroud Green anyway?".<div><br>(3) YES YES OK OK that was me.</div>

Comments

• In the diary and looking forward to it :-) be nice to some more sg.orgers
  • And here's a reminder prod - hope to see a few new faces on Friday!
  • edited September 2015
    <span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;">Have a good time on Friday! If any of you fancy carrying on the evening elsewhere, we've <span style="color: rgb(20, 24, 35); line-height: 19.3199996948242px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">got live music from London ceilidh band Bowreed from 8pm! Free entry as always.</span></span><div style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(20, 24, 35); line-height: 19.3199996948242px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></span></div><div><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: medium;"><span style="color: rgb(20, 24, 35); line-height: 19.3199996948242px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Here's a video of the band: </span></span><span style="color: rgb(20, 24, 35); font-family: Arial; font-size: medium; line-height: 19.3199996948242px;">
  • (Thanks WBYeats, maybe we'll make it down.)<div><br></div><div>Looking forward to it guys. I'll be wearing a linen jacket, which I'm told makes me look 'louche'. </div>
  • You have set a sartorial standard here Arkady.............
  • Hope you had a marvellous evening. I went to the pub with colleagues after our Christmas conference and didn't make it back 'til late. Next time...