Any recommended local dog carers / dog sharers?

I need a local dog carer / kennels for around ten days at the beginning of October.    I am going abroad for a birthday party and to take part in a charity walk.  The dog carer we'd booked in Stoke Newington has just suddenly and unilaterally cancelled (this seems to happen lot with dog carers - very unprofessional).   Any recommendations?<div><br></div><div>In the longer term I'd be open to an occasional informal dog sharer - we actually had such a person until recently living in Ferme Park Road, who loves having our dog and would take her now and again, overnight or for a couple of days (even went on holiday in Cornwall and Wales.)   It worked very well indeed all round, but unfortunately she's moved to south London so it's more difficult.</div><div><br></div><div>Some of you will have met this dog - very cute, affectionate and well trained etc etc.  Poodle-spaniel mix (cockapoo). Good company, good with kids, generally no trouble at all and fun to have around.<br></div><div><br></div><div>Either a kennels or a walker/carer or a 'sharer' would have to be personally known to us and come highly recommended or clearly be a dog-lover.  I know there are dog-sharing web sites out there but we haven't used them, there's no question of this pooch being loaned out to a complete stranger - no way.</div><div><br></div><div>Recommendations, doggie persons?</div><div><br></div><div> </div><div><br></div><div> .</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Comments

• Hi, I can send you details of a couple of ladies who we use regularly.
  • Hi there,<div><br></div><div>My name is Hannah and I've just recently moved to Stroud Green.</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I would love to help and look after your pup! I'm very interested in being an informal dog carer/ dog walker. I know I'm a stranger but would be happy to meet up with you :)</span><br></div><div><br></div><div>I'm 26, from New Zealand and have owned dogs my whole life! Back home our family dog is a Retro-doodle so know the poodle mixes well, and really do miss having a dog around. I regularly look after my bosses puppy who is also a Cockapoo.</div><div><br></div><div>Let me know if you think I may be suitable!</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div><br></div><div>Hannah</div>
  • Hi han-rose.  Great to hear from you.   I'm going to send you a private message so please look out for it, and let's fix something up!
  • Thanks to the glories and wonders of the Internet, Twitter and SG.Org, Mrs K and I now have the names and contact details of 12 different pet sitters, dog walkers and groomers in North London.  Throw me a bone and I will share the list with anyone who requires it.