Freshest spices?

This is rather an odd question, but I am looking to stock my spice cabinet: where do you think the freshest spices are sold in SGR? Organic shop (opposite Sainsbury's), Ali's grocers, one of the other shops on SGR, Tesco (god forbid)? Thanks!<br><br>

Comments

• I would take a short trip down to turnpike lane where you can buy a variety of spices for a very reasonable price. The food hall is probably best. Another option is green lakes. The Turkish groceries sell a variety of spices and mind blowing bread.
  • Green Lakes, Sutent? Ah, I get it: Green Lanes, after the recent downpour. Sorted.
  • Green lakes right now, looking out of the window - what a downpour. <div><br></div><div>I agree about Turnpike Lane as best for spices, especially if you're stocking up - not sure about shop names, but the big one on the north side of the road near the tube is very good. You have to resist the temptation to buy more turmeric than you could use in a lifetime because it's so cheap, though.</div>
  • The Lebanese shop near Turnpike Lane station is excellent. It's on the same side as Costa Coffee, kind of near the Wetherspoon Pub.
  • Thanks a a lot, I'll have to schedule a trip. Do they sell loose spices by weight or are they packaged?<br>
  • I have never seen loose spices sold in the uk. I think.
  • edited September 2015
    I'm sure I saw somewhere in Ealing or Shepherd's Bush doing loose spices fairly recently Sutent. The Haelan Centre in Crouch End used to do them loose but haven't been in there for ages so not sure if they still do.