Kids' party venues?

<font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Hey chaps</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">just wondering if anyone could recommend a venue for my 4yo boy birthday party? We'd like to find a place where kids can run and play indoor (b'day is in freeeezing Jan) and parents enjoy a drink or two.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">We went already to the Pirates Playhouse close to Clissold Park - which is ok, a bit dark though - and also to the World's End once - which would need to hire someone to entertain the kids. I've searched around and found a few things, e.g.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://www.littledinosaurs.co.uk/find.php</span></font><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://clowntown.co.uk/how-to-find-us/</span><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">but don't know them and would like to hear if anyone has been there or has anything else to recommend?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">cheeers!</div>

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Haven't been to a party yet or organised one for my two but places that spring to mind are The Old Dairy (you would need to get entertainment) and My Creche either hire the place out for you to use or you can hire it plus entertainment. The Arthouse Cinema in Crouch End also do kids parties but I think they book up fast. I have been to Little Dinosaurs when someone was having a party there - I think you can hire the whole place or just a table. It gets very crowded and noisy - not great for adults to have a drink.
  • Sobell Centre hires out its safari soft play area for - it's cheaper than Little Dinosaurs or Clown Town I think. Bit gloomy though.<div>If you just want a room to hire, the Mind centre on the corner of Ferme Park rd and Stapleton Hall rd is quite nice; also Hideaway centre, next to Stroud Green Primary School on Ennis rd.<br><div><br></div></div>
  • Hideaway is an excellent, big room with attached large kitchen and lots of lavs. Lucy who runs it for the school is wonderful, it's where we do our WI meetings.
  • St Mellitus, on Tollington Park, has a big hall underneath it that can be hired out. <div>It's a nice big space that's great for kids to run around in. <div>There's a kitchen there that you can use and if you ask they also have a room full of toys that you can put out.<div>We've used it for my eldest daughter's birthday party the last two years.</div><div><br></div></div></div>
  • The Manor Garden Centre off Holloway Road hires rooms for children parties.
  • The Hideaway Stroud Green - aka the polling station where you go to vote, next to Stroud Green School.<div>only £30 an hour.</div><div><br></div>
  • There is no kitchen but the room at the back of the Queen's wood cafe is nice and £25 an hour. You can also hire St Aidan's school Hall. Rowans bowling does reasonably priced parties. sorry, can't read op on my phone so not sure how suitable these suggestions are.