Thames Water Smart Water Meter

They have installed smart water meters on my road this week (Birnam Road). I have been asking for a water meter for ages so finally I am getting one. It is apparently wifi connected so you can watch the cost of every drop of water Hopefully this will cut my bill down for me but I am worried about people who have to use lots of water in big families. I hope bills are capped for them, otherwise I am happy paying more. I don't flush the toilet for number 1 as urine is sterile and wastes a lot of water. I know of people in order to keep the costs down have to have daily romantic showers with their partners

Comments

• Too many details...<br><br>Why shouldn't you pay for what you use? If you are big family that uses loads of water then you should pay more than a single person - and if it then leads the family to think of ways to reduce their water usage then that is surely a good thing?<br><br>Mine is being installed in a few weeks.<br>
  • @N19 - sorry if any offence caused by. I was just trying to describe ways in which people are trying to save water and money 
  • Haha no offense taken!<br>
  • Actually I thought that was rather interesting.  I hadn't realised urine could be left there. Is it like vinegar, or bleach, or something? 
  • 'If it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown, flush it down', is the traditional water-saving mantra.<div><br></div><div>Thames Water wanted £350-odd a year from me (based on I-don't-know-what value to do with my flat).  After pressing for a meter to be installed, my actual usage comes to approx. £150.  Even using some on the garden.  So there are big savings to be had.</div>
  • I'm waiting for them to come back to me - first guy ripped off the back of my sink unit then said that he couldn't fit a meter. I'm appealing as even with the single person assessed charge it's £234 pa. At my last place (also w garden) I was paying under 100pa (i spend lots of time at my partner's place)<div><br></div><div>I'm damned if Thameswater get more from me than I use when they them selves underinvest in order to max out shareholder profit thus wasting billlions of gallons of water in unnecessary leaks! Worst comes to worst I'm letting both my neighbours use my garden tap....</div>
  • @NorthNineteen did you have your Thames Water Smart meter installed? How did it go?