the blackstock closed?

Hello all, New on here and this is my first post. Was walking past the blackstock earlier and noticed it was closed and being refurbished. Does it have new owners? I've never been in as I've heard less than flattering things. Probably wasn't so bad but "worst pub in the area" was enough to put me off. Was wondering if anyone knows what it's being replaced by? Or is it simply getting a facelift? Cheers.

Comments

• edited February 2016
    <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">I have been to the Blackstock many times usually as its the only palce open late at night. Never had an issue in there at all. There is a faceboo page with some refurb photos</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">https://www.facebook.com/blackstockpub</span></font><br></div>;
  • Interesting to hear you say that.... Figured as much just never had a reason to go in there with the 12 pins opposite... Regret not doing so now. Wonder if the new management is going to change the dynamic in there at all? I imagine they're going to try and make the place seem less intimidating to the passer by, which is understandable but might spoil it for some. Would hate it if the mother red cap in archway got refurbished for example.... It's good to have places that aren't 5 pound a pint gastros...
  • edited February 2016
    It's one of the few pubs in the country where the rail that runs around the bar at floor level is still heated. Lovely on a cold, wet day.<div><br></div><div>(I've fixed sutent's link)<br></div>
  • edited February 2016
    a friend of mine always drags me there as he says it does the best pint of Guinness in London, I don't drink it so I have no idea. <div><br></div><div>as Sutent mentions it does stay open late and they bring out sandwiches for free too :) </div><div><br></div><div>I've never had any problems in there and find everyone friendly. </div>
  • How late was it open till? Only says midnight on the web....
  • I've been in there on a Thursday and left near 1am and they were still serving, that was a couple of months ago. 
  • Right okay - good to know! Anyone got any idea when it is due to reopen?