Finsbury Park Gifa Café owner breaches smoking ban...again

<font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/crimecourt/finsbury_park_gifa_cafe_owner_breaches_smoking_ban_again_1_4428280 </span></font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">Has anyone used this place?</span></font></div>

Comments

• <p>Your link doesn't work. I will be properly amazed if anyone on this site has even seen that place. No one ever seems to venture east along Seven Sisters Rd.</p>
  • I think you mean west! And there's lots to be see down that road - michael's greengrocers, two fishmongers (Stroud green road hasn't even got one), le rif, the Bedford tavern, girasole. Not trying to be preachy, just sticking up for my neck of the woods ;) And I see that place every day.... Has never appealed though. I imagine as its a shisha bar even if it does violate the smoking ban the vast majority of its customers couldn't care less!
  • edited February 2016
    <p>Quite right, I did mean west!</p><p>So pleased someone else goes that way. I love that stretch, three new fabric shops and a brilliant craft shop over the last few months too. I like Bright Sparks and the new Red Cross furniture shop, although it's not as good as the one in Walthamstow.</p>
  • Love the Bedford Tavern - once the new road layout is done round there I think it will be a much more pleasant area!
  • Don't forget the best bike shop ever. Such lovely people there and great price for service and repsir. Great Japanese restaurant as well.
  • We used to hang out round there years ago when my mate had a bedroom studio in a building his dad owned.<div>Back then the Bedford was one of the few pubs I have ever been in and decided I would never set foot in again.</div><div>It was mainly the extremely scary and fierce Alsation patrolling the pub and snarling at you unchecked.</div><div><br></div>
  • @missannie I'm always confused as to what the fabric shops are good for. What do you use them for might I ask? @northnineteen New road layout? Haven't come across this.... @papal Interesting to hear about its previous incarnation as its been closed since I've lived round here (about 4 years). It has new management now though and stocks some great beers
  • @south_to_north - Are they doing food at the moment? (I know they had pop-ups before Christmas but haven't heard much since)
  • The new road layout will see the removal of the gratory system around Seven Sisters Road and Tollington/Isledon Road.  Seven Sisters Road would become 2-way bus and local access only with segregated cycle routes I think, while through traffic will go Tollington/Isledon Road (which will also become 2-way).  I think there will be concept consulation in the summer with detailed plans consulted on in early 2017.<br><br>This is all part of TfL's £4bn road modernisation plan.<br><br>https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/improvements-and-projects/nags-head-gyratory<br>;
  • @cityofsin they're looking for a chef atm I think so no. They previously had pop ups - the first one which was Mexican was good, the second one (creole) not so much. I think the chef I just for Sunday lunch though. I Can't imagine they'll move away from the pop-up model, too cost effective (they pay you to use your kitchen!)
  • I buy fabric, buttons, ribbon and all kinds of haberdashery to make things, for myself, as a hobby job and for work. If you're confused by those shops, Goldhawk Rd will blow your mind.