[...]

Comments

• I did sign but I have wondered (to the pharmacist there, even) how SGR can support three pharmacies, two opposite each other, particularly when supermarkets are moving into the pharmacy business and there is competition from online. However, that is more a question for the market than for government. What is the basis for the rationalisation? Reduction of costs by eliminating duplications and overlap?<br>
  • I've only ever gone to Boots to fulfil prescriptions. The pharmacy does serve a need for those unable to travel but yes, three seems a lot for such a small stretch of road. Crouch End has three or four as well as Boots too.
  • Not sure, whenever I have to get a prescription, normally in Crouch End, occasionally in Stroud Green, I always have to wait in a queue, sometimes for over 15 minutes.   I guess Crouch End is full of people over 50 with type 2 diabetes, plenty on the statins, and loads of kids with various ailments.    I much prefer the small pharmacies, compared to Sainsburys or Boots, because they get to know you and give you advice etc, and will also home deliver if they need order something.   They tend to liaise with each other a lot, as well as the local surgeries.   I've had prescriptions that were totally wrong given by doctors which the pharmacist has also picked up on.
  • The pharmacy next to Seasons is great. Quick efficient and always have what I want. The Tories ready to privatise our health system the predicted cost of prescription drugs will soar
  • What the cost to the punter or the cost to the NHS ?
  • I utterly recommend the big pharmacy opposite Santa's, near Dream River. Always helpful. Very.
  • It's funny, I don't think anyone recommends their GP but seems everyone is happy to rave about their pharmacist.  I'm a big fan of Nuchem, always excellent advice (often better than the doctor) and always quick to point out if a prescription is more expensive than over the counter.<br>
  • Nuchem is great. Very easily accessible too with the electric doors and wide aisles. As a new parent with a double buggy I was always popping in there. I really like the pharmacist there, always full of good advice.
  • Nuchem is great - the medical practice next door seems to have sorted itself out now, but for a while they were a shambles and Nuchem were totally picking up the slack. Were it not for them going above and beyond like that, I could have had some nasty gaps in my meds. 
  • edited April 2016
    Nuchem have just risen in my estimation even further. They tried to do some colour printing for me and when the quality wasn't good enough he offered to print it at home and bring it in the following day for me to pick up! And they were fixing the links on a watch strap for the lady in front of me. There isn't anything they don't do! A real asset to our high street.