Noise - local advice please

<div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I'd be very grateful for local advice on noise concerns I have in respect of a place I'm considering moving to.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I found somewhere on Oakfield Road last week, but noticed a lot of aeroplane noise on two separate visits to the garden. I was surprised because I've spent lots of time in SG over the years, and hadn't heard anything before, even a bit further away. Moreover, t</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">he flat is between Connaught and Carlton Roads, so has trainlines on two sides of the building. There weren't any trains going by when I visited, but I'm concerned that it might get very loud. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I'm pretty sensitive to noise, so I was wondering if anyone lives there, or thereabouts, and can tell me if I should be concerned or whether I am being unnecessarily anxious? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.</span></div>

Comments

• <p>First planes go over at around 6.30am and all day until evening. Some are louder and lower than others. </p><p>You'll obviously hear the trains all the time, including the loud intercity trains and beware of the noise from every event in the Park. </p>
  • edited March 2016
    Having moved here from Battersea there is very little plane noise around here! Oakfield road is quite close to the east coast mainline so there will be trains all day and night - however, if you did not notice it then it cannot be a problem as there is a train every couple of minutes! The Park will be quite noisy during the concerts which happen over the summer.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">You can use Webtrak to track arrivals/departures live or see an overview of flightpaths over any particular neighbourhood.</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://www.heathrow.com/noise/what-you-can-do/track-flights-on-maps</span></font><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">For more information on flight paths:</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;">http://www.heathrow.com/noise/heathrow-operations/arrival-flight-paths</span><br></font></div><div><br></div>;
  • I've also got a sensitivity to noise, and I've had to move as a result.   I lived on Oakfield road for a year and the worst thing about it was the traffic noise, especially in summer, if I had the windows open.   The traffic goes quite fast and it's a rat run for lorries.<div><br></div><div>I think you hear trains almost anywhere in Stroud Green, if you on the Connaught/Carlton side of the road, you'll be shielded by the houses on Beatrice Road and maybe one side of Oakfield, so it shouldn't get too loud and you'll probably get used to the distant rumble.   I've never really been bothered by plane noise, and the park noise is bearable a few times a year.</div><div><br></div>
  • It might be police helicopters. They seem to go over Parkland Walk at night-time quite a lot, particularly at weekends.
  • Thank you, everyone. Might loiter outside the property for half an hour before making my final decision.
  • The noisy planes tend to be the larger ones (espeically A380s) going to Asia which tend to be either late evening or mid morning.