Rainbow nursery closed?

I'd heard rumours that the Rainbow nursery at Stroud Green school was under threat, and today heard that it had in fact closed. Is this true? It'll be a blow if so as there aren't that many alternative options for 2 year olds on the Haringey side of the tracks. Does anyone know of any? North Islington and Bowlers have basically said no chance. Blythwood is a possibility but might be busier now that there's no Rainbow and prioritises Islington residents too.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Yes, Rainbow is closing, I was told because they weren't making enough money to cover costs. From what I gather SG school have promised Rainbow staff other jobs within the school, but there will be no provision for 2 year olds.
  • What a shame. They hiked their fees massively since my older daughter went there but perhaps that led to a drop off in take-up. There's only the Asquith one in Stroud Green that takes 2 year olds then, apart from the Islington Council ones? I haven't heard that great things about Asquith and it is ££££
  • edited July 2016
    Our son (3) currently goes to Asquith, though he's about to move to SG nursery now he's old enough. We've liked it ok, but they've gone through so many management changes over the past two years that it's definitely affected how well it's run. A lot of the staff are lovely though. That said, it is bloody expensive (not that you have much choice for under 3s if you don't get a place in a council nursery), and we absolutely loved SG nursery when we visited so are very happy for him to be moving there in September.
  • Thanks. My older daughter went to SG nursery and was very happy there. The wrap around care and holiday provision at the Hideaway is great too - and much appreciated as most other school nurseries don't have anything like it. I have been speaking to a chap at Woodberry Down nursery at Manor House, who was encouraging about the possibility of getting a place there next year if I put her name down, as they don't prioritise Hackney residents. It's three consecutive days minimum though.
  • Oh and she has priority over the waiting list at Starshine in Crouch End as she's currently at their sister nursery, little stars, but it's kind of in the wrong direction
  • Yes, I'm afraid so. The current two year olds will continue at a Rainbow-style room within the school until they are old enough to move to the nursery school itself. We are not affected as ours were moving to the nursery school in September anyway but I agree it is a huge loss to the community :(