Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Que Me Restaurant

Went in here last night, shame Ole Pera went but this is by far the best replacement i could have wished for. Didn't have Pho but it looked nice. The Summer Rolls were lovely, shared duck and tofu mains which were great, it is good tofu if that's your thing by the way, not slimy at all and made in house apparently. £6 - £8 mains and £24 a head including a couple of beers and sparkling water. We sat outside but the inside is pretty cool as well, service a bit chaotic but i quite like that as long as i can get served. Will be trying Q&T next, which looks like it has a much smaller menu and i know is BYO, reminds me of a Thai cafe. All the hackney ones have all gone downhill now, probably the rents, maybe we are now benefiting.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Was at Q&T yesterday, bagged the outside table. Seemed like excellent food and good value, though I am no expert on Vietnamese food so can't pronounce on how it compares to Que Me. But I like the vibe. Three meals with tea, no alcohol, just over £10 a head.
  • Yeah i thought Q&T was maybe a bit cheaper, 4-6 pound a main maybe? it looked lovely. i only didn't go in as i walked back up to Que Me and saw an outside table myself which sealed the deal. My mate went to the one at the top of Mare Street the other week. I used to go with him and it was cheap and very cheerful. I think they paid something £190 for four people, half the stuff did not come out and the waiters apparently shrugged and said what do you expect, craziness,