hairdressers?

edited February 2008 in Local discussion
Anyone recommend a decent hairdressers in or around SGR?

Where does the stylish SG male go to get his hair done these days?

Comments

• edited 5:53PM
    I have been going to Hard az Nailz, on Stroud Green Road, for the past year and I am happy with them (despite the name).
    @ petra Are you a boy?
    No tosscat, I am a girl!
    I'm always very happy with Paul @ Chaps on Upper Tollington
    My other half used to go to the Turkish place next to the pharmacy at the top of SGR (by the bus stop) until I started cutting his hair. The Turkish place did a much better job, I can assure you.
    Thanks for the recommendation Petra. Got a very nice haircut there.
    Colette, I go the same place as your other half I even get them to shave me most times for an extra couple of quid. I always refuse their offer of a cup of tea. Though, given that I do not drink tea or coffee I sometimes ask for a water :)
    I do haircutting. Cheap service, only £1.00. Free hot drinks too.

Limited range of styles though. Grade 0 or grade 1 buzz-cut.
    I go to Blossom, with the lovely Greek lady. She's really good and it's well cheap. She also tells lots of amusing stories about her family. I would definitely recommend her.
    Blossom doesn't sound like a boys hairdoer.
    Sorry, I'm new. Should I just leave now?
    Don't leave! We like new people. It just takes a while to work out not to take some posts (typically those made between 10pm and 3am on a friday night) too seriously
    I think Tabbie and I have something in common.
    Tosscat just doesn't like them immegints...
    As in <a href="http://angrybear.blogspot.com/2006/03/simpsons-on-immigration.html">this</a> but the joke got lost somewhere.
  • valval
    edited 5:53PM
    I am delighted by the new hairdressers in Ferme Park Road: "Image", next to the new massage shop, Integrated something. The staff are quiet and charming and there are plenty of promotional special offers. Because I spent £25 yesterday, I have a ticket for a free Sunday lunch at The Triangle restaurant! They also have a loyalty card so that you get a progressively reduced price for your next three visits. They are pretty quiet during the week at the moment but trade is hotting up at the weekend. I do hope they succeed as there have been so many failed businesses in our area.
    hi.glad to be back to the sgr site.been away for a few days on holiday.
    and now needing a hair job,was thinking about the pink front shop called hair and beauty on sgr is it any good or has anyone tried it,and what are their prices like,looks expensive.
    might go in when passing there later today coming back from work.
    I went into Blossom earlier today on Tabbie's recommendation and absolutely loved it. The greek lady was lovely and seemed to genuinely care about my hair. And the decor- oh my god- AMAZING! I was literally in vintage heaven. And it was indeed very cheap. I'm definitely going back. And I think I'll even stop cutting my boyfriend's hair and send him along to Blossom as well :o)
    I'm looking for a new hairdresser because mine is off having a baby. But I'm one of those blonde people who needs a little help staying blonde. So does anyone have any experience of getting highlights done round here? If not, I guess I'll try either Image or Blossom...
  • I always go to Smart Design opposite Tesco. The Turkish place at the bus stop opposite Woody's gives me the creeps, for some reason. The Smart Design guys are usually great, they also do the trick with the blazing candle and your ears, but I only once had the steaming towel in the face routine. The best thing is you don't have to talk about football all the time (or about anything if you don't want), and it's cheap.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Opposite Jacks.
    Seconding Smart Design. The lack of chat would be worth paying a premium, but it's actually cheaper too!
  • MayMay
    edited 5:53PM
    Thnk you Val. I went to Image on saturday. This place is amazing! Probably the most modern and stylish Hair and Beauty place in the area. I had facial with beutician called Pavla. It was excellent! I also received voucher for free Roast Dinner at the Triangle Restaurant and 30 % discount if I recommend a friend. Then I had Hair treatment for 15 pounds- Kerastase Scalp Claryfying Ritual with nice head massage. Outstanding!
    Interesting thread!

My other half goes to Metz for his hair cut and thinks he is great. He is the one opposite Woodys.

I have high maintenance hair and I love blow drys. Ive never been able to find a great one in the area. I do go to Hairshack for a blow dry at the bottom of Crouch Hill opposite Kebabalicious. She is lovely and does a great job for £20. It looks great but smells like Countryborn hair gel from the 90s - very cheap stuff. She cuts a friends hair too and is good. But it is cheap and cheerful.

Ive not been to Blossom as she is a one woman band she gets booked up so you cant just pop in and get a blo dry.

Ive been to Hard as Nails which is brilliant for beauty but the hair stuff was pretty awful for various reasons I wont go into and bore you with but its just been taken over on the hair side so it could be better.

I will try image and see what its like.

I get my highlights done in Peppermint Green in Crouch End by Jo who is very thorough and efficient. Id like to have somewhere local to go but there really isnt much around here. Shame really.

Zebra at the top of Blackstock road is very good for colour, i havent been for years but used to go all the time but found it quite pricey in the end. The price seemed to go up every time i went!