40 stalls this Sunday at the market

Sunday 20th December

10-2:30 STROUD GREEN SCHOOL, PERTH RD / ENNIS RD N43HB

STATIONS: FINSBURY PARK / CROUCH HILL

BUS STOPS TOLLINGTON PARK / FINSBURY PARK

FROM THE PARK OR THE PARKLAND WALK TAKE THE OXFORD RD EXIT

WWW.STROUDGREENMARKET.COM/THISWEEK

Produce

PIE STATION (MEAT/SWEET PIES, SAUSAGES ROLLS, QUICHES & CRUMBLES)

SARA NYBORG'S DANISH BAKERY (AMAZING VARIETY OF AUTHENTIC RYE BREAD, CINNAMON BUNS, JAMS, GRANOLA)

THE CHEF AND THE SHOEGIRL (BEST JAM, CHUTNEY AND GRANOLA, MADE IN STROUD GREEN)

THE PARSON’S NOSE (FREE RANGE PORK, BEEF, LAMB AND CHICKEN FROM OLD HOUSE FARM)

BRAMBLETYE FARM (ORGANIC FRUIT, MUSHROOMS, EGGS, APPLE/PEAR JUICE AND PICKLES)

PERRY COURT FARM (KENTISH FRUIT, VEG & JUICE)

BREAD BY BIKE (LOCAL SOURDOUGH)

A TASTE OF THE GOOD LIFE (RAW & ORGANIC DAIRY PRODUCE, EGGS)

BREVEVITA WINES (NATURAL & ORGANIC WINE FROM THE SMALL PRODUCERS OF MARCHE & ABRUZZO)

KAFFEE CULTURE (HOT COFFEE AND FRESHLY ROASTED BAGS OF BEANS)

MARCO’S ITALIAN CHEESES & CURED MEAT

MICROFARM N15 (ORGANICALLY GROWN MICROGREENS FROM OUR NEAREST URBAN FARM)

CANARY FOOD LAB (HOME MADE VEGAN PATE & MADELEINES)

PAO PICKLES (KIMCHI, KRAUT, SRIRACHA ETC ETC)

OLEA (ORGANIC OLIVES FROM SMALL FARMS ACROSS EUROPE)

NOURISHED BITES (WITH FAMOUS ORGANIC “SUNHINI” SPREAD)

THE MEAT BOSS (AUTHENTIC BILTONG USING SUSTAINABLY SOURCED BEEF, CURED IN LONDON)

SHUMEI NATURAL AGRICULTURE (ORGANIC PRODUCE FROM AROUND THE WORLD)

TIMOTHY CHARGE HONEY (TOTTENHAM AND UPSHIRE HIVES)

THE KOJI FERMENTARIA

HOLY SUGAR (CAKES, PIES AND PASTRIES, MADE IN FINSBURY PARK USING ORGANIC INGREDIENTS)

ESMAE'S PANTRY (HAND-MADE, NATURAL DOG TREATS)

OLD CHAPEL FUDGE COMPANY (TRAD HAND-MADE ALL-BUTTER TABLET)

100% VEGAN CHRISTMAS LUXURY CONES

ELEVEN98 HACKNEY

LUKE’S CIDER (SMALL-BATCHES, PERFECTLY POTENT)

LOLO MILLING (HERITAGE GRAINS FRESHLY MILLED) TBA

Hot Food & Drink

HOLY PIZZA UK

CREPERIE DELLYS

THE PARSON’S NOSE (RARE BREED BEEF, WILD BOAR & VENISON BURGERS)

BIG DOGGS HOTDOGS

LUKE’S CIDER MULLED!

Extra-Curricular

ECHO LEAF PRINT (NATURAL DYES & RECLAIMED FABRICS)

MAKE, DO. & SEND

WEATHERSTONE THERAPIES

JURA STA SOAP

HEIDI’S DOG TREATS

WE ARE FUNNY FACES

PLANET PALLET (HAND MADE FURNITURE USING RECLAIMED WOOD)

ENCHANTED TERRARIUM

PATZY’S ENTERPRISE

POLLY POPPY VINTAGE CLOTHING

HEPZI ROE CERAMICS

GRACE OLIVIA ART

Comments

• This sounds like a lot of people in a small space !
  • It is. Last weekend it was very crowded including with people standing around watching musicians. There didn't seem to be any control on numbers at the gates, and lots of people weren't wearing face coverings - it felt pretty uncomfortable and inappropriate when Covid numbers in Haringey have gone through the roof in the last couple of weeks. I love the market and I get that everyone wants to do something fun that feels 'normal', as well as support small businesses. But Ned, just for the moment, I really think you should reconsider having so many stalls and take a few more steps to help keep people safe.
  • I'm buying from the market without going there physically. A bit antisocial but then. Works well.
  • I personally think it's the individual's choice whether or not they go and take the risk - I'm personally not comfortable with so many people, but it's outdoors and generally people are staying distanced. Worth thinking about the storeholders who are likely to desperately need the cash after such a restricted period.

At the end of the day, and delving into the stats it's not the market that's causing the spread in Haringey, and the prevalence of infections is once again in the east of the borough.

Check here https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
  • Well actually I do feel bad that I didn't manage the gate. There should have been someone there all the time, because even with plenty of stalls if the in/out thing is done properly there's no need for any concern (in my opinion) though it might mean an annoying queue at times.
    Anyway - tomorrow we are DOWN TO BASICS so no need to worry about any of that. Sadly for all the lovely craft sellers we'll just have food and drink, with maybe someone selling soap to encourage people to keep clean.
    See you there!
    Ed
  • PS. as mr rubsnif says, for those who don't feel comfortable at the market there is another way of doing it - www.themarketbarrow.com. Not all of the same producers, but a good crossover.