This Charming Man

edited April 2008 in General chat
Lucy actually got me to sing this on SingStar last night. I feel dirty. However my skills at flicking a microphone around like a fop twat surprised me.

Comments

• edited 11:55PM
    Andy's too scared to challenge me at Ring of Fire by Mr Cash
    He was practising that last night. I think he's shaping up for a big Sibling Cash Face Off. It was like watching this, I tell you:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Does this mean you're finally a convert David? Did you have gladeoli in your back pocket?

Stangely enough a chavved up Vauxhall Nova pulled up at the Tollington lights on Friday night with 'This Charming Man' blasting windows down from the sound system. The driver and passenger, both very unlikely looking Smiths fans, were singing along loudly.
    I mimed the 'Why pamper life's complexities, when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?' line as I crossed and got a big cheer and thumbs up.
    I think that whenever anyone starts a new thread here it should have to have a title based on a Smiths song, regardless of what it's about.
    I made the mistake of introducing my flatmate to Guitar Hero last night ... she's already a Sing Star fanatic ... I may have to move.
    I want to do This Charming Man on Sing Star - the ones I've got are like Walking on Sunshine (which I'm very good at of course), but I'd really like something a bit more, how shall I say...indie.

Now if they ever had a Cocteau Twins one...har har!
    No, not a convert. Their music is still as bad as the day it was released. And <em>TFTM<sup>TM</sup></em> is still a fop twat.
    The Indie ones on Singstar are nigh on impossible. "Just like Heaven" by the Cure was fiendish and scoring points on "parklife" seems less than random.

(As an aside, how on Earth does Creed lose to this clown? He doesn't even have the remedial skills expected of top level boxers.)
    I've only ever sung an 80s singstar which had Atomic by Blondie on it. I got superstar status. I must look into the indie one!

How brilliant, hearing The Smiths coming out of a car. Although This Charming Man isn't my favourite Smiths track....but that's another story..
    @ flembo - what is it?
    William It Was Really Nothing.....although there are so many....