New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• edited July 2008
    You probably are the last SG I would imagine, but somebody has to be.
  • edited 5:00PM
    I like krapyrubsnif's moniker the best. It's poetry. But I have a vague notion that I might once have heard it on the telly, something like the Two Ronnies – is that possible?
    Poetry? I'm awed. Verse follows.
    Sam Sam the deli man here , bridgets friend . So would a deli fly around here ? Is there enough foot traffic and enough interest ? I have been on the lookout for a place that is A3 , i looked at the italian deli but sadly no kitchen possible . What do you all think ?
    Start a thread about it SS!
    A deli would be brilliant. What sort of deli are you thinking of?
    A deli would be brill, but bearing in mind that the green Italian on the corner (Buongustaio?) has scaled down its deli-ness to become more of a cafe, and that the one that used to be more less next door to X-IT had to close, it doesn't seem as though there's enough custom to support one
    Except that the Italian deli was crap, so I never used it. If there was a good deli, I would use it. What was the one near X-IT? must be a long time ago?
    IMHO the Italian Deli was pretty good when it was run by the flashy Nigerian geezer and then even better when the young Italian guys and gals ran it. I speak as one who travels to Italy a lot - I was surprised to see you could get a particular salami there from the east coast of Italy, that I've never seen anywhere else round here. Not any more.
    The Italian deli on SGR *was* part of the same business that has the Italian deli in Crouch End. This was in the days before the deli in CE transferred up the road from Hornsey Road. The bakery part of the business on Hornsey Road is still going strong.

I understand that the SGR deli was sold off to focus on the successful CE branch.
  • IanIan
    edited 5:00PM
    We need a good Deli that sells good cheese ...
    SS - if you do good coffee too, then definitely. That is, not the bucket-sized drinks of weak crap you mostly get. (Yes I know we had the coffee debate recently... sorry)
    Hi, just to introduce myself, I'm Tinker and I've lived in Stroud Green for about 6 years. I've been enjoying the posts here so thought I had better de-lurk and get stuck in.
    Hello Tinker - excellent delurking.
    Hi

[I would usually inspire you with some sparkling chitchat, Dylanesque parlance and casual wit, obviously. Unfortunately I ended up in Chapter One last night and have the lexicon of a mute shipwrecked nematode worm]
    Aaah, so that's what the noise was.
    There's lots of plosives going in people's names lately, what gives?
    puzzlebobble, great name. I love that video game
    @matt
    www.ventoline.com/frozenbubble/bustamove640.html

Sadly only one-player and it doesn't come with a pub attached.
    y'all need MAME :)
  • edited July 2008
    i'm currently on the lookout for a proper arcade cabinet. i have a supergun to play a couple of boards i have, but i long for a proper machine
    Whole bunch of new members, do sign in and say hi
    Hello - thought I'd de-lurk.

Another kiwi living in Stroud Green (the Crouch Hill bit, so on the "borders" I guess). No dog, or cat, or even garden - if anyone has a bit of green space that they'd like someone to come around and play with, let me know. Am currently limited to an indoor wormery (thanks Islington Council) and various indoor plants...

Have been here (in SG) since last November, and am loving the area - all the usual reasons, esp the Parkland walk and proximity to various woodlands and good places for general wanderings. Am missing the swifts who have just gone back to Africa for the winter. But very excited to recently hear about the barn owls (!!) in the neighbourhood!!
    Hello Berrynice,

Samuel on here is also from NZ and is very nice!

Im glad you dont all live in Clapham.

Welcome to the board.

Bridge
    It was a very intense feeling of deja vu, and I did check the time of the post three times while reading it, but welcome anyway berrynice, it's berrynice to meet you.
    Hello Everyone!

Just thought that I would drop by and introduce myself, so here I go!

I'm Stefan and I suppose that you could class me as one of those studenty-type people, since I'm currently at university. I've only been living in the London area for the past year or so, however have loved every minute of it!

At this moment in time I am merely "N4 Curious," however in a week or so time I will be able to proudly state that I am a resident of Stroud Green, whey hey!

Following on from the conversation earlier in this thread, I do have a dog, but she won't be moving in with me when I move sadly.

Am looking forward to finding out more about the area and to get to know you all better too!
    Hello Stefan!

Welcome to the site and Stroud Green.

Bridgetx
    Hello!

I'm new. I live on Lancaster Road, as of about a month ago, but have lived on Oakfield Road for the last 5 years. I found the site while looking for news about the fuel giveaway (which my boyfriend had cycled past and thought was some fathers-for-justice / fuel protest)! I don't have a dog. I do have a garden.
    I like: the Parkland Walk, the Mezbaan, Jai Krishna, and the Fullback
    I don't like: the dog poo on Woodstock Road, the fact that no bus routes manage to cross the railway lines at FP

Jo
    Hello!

I've been living across the tracks in Harringay N4 for 3 years, but pedalling through Stroud Green most days to and from work in central London. We've got two small children and we're big fans of Parkland Walk, Finsbury Park, Stroud Green Library, the Old Dairy and La Porchetta. Another plus - that handy railway line to Gospel Oak and Hampstead Heath. Shame it's closed until October, though.
    Rob
    Hello and Hello.