Plumber

edited January 2011 in Local discussion
Happy New Year.
Can anyone recommend a good local plumber?

Comments

• edited 6:36PM
    There's a local chap who comes highly recommended: Ben Hume-Wright on 07949 144 036.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    A flush of plumbers?
    Thanks Procax.
  • MHPMHP
    edited 6:36PM
    I'm looking for one too - bloody toilet flush! - so thanks for that procax - the adds in the Yellow Pages always say to me - Rip Off!
    @Tabbie - why do you need a plumber? If that is not a stupid question, i.e. for some plumbing
    Ditto re: Ben Hume-Wright. Used him recently and he was really efficient and helpful, and a nice guy to boot.
    I can also recommend Tim Young as an excellent local plumber. 07852185583.
  • FinFin
    edited 6:36PM
    Further recommendation for Ben Hume-Wright, used him the other week, excellent all round.
    I would also strongly recommend Ben Hume-Wright on 07949 144 036. He sorted out all our various plumbing problems brilliantly and friendly too.
    Yet another recommendation for Ben Hume-Wright. He's sorted out quite a few problems we've had in the last couple of months, is reliable, tidy and friendly.
  • Yet another recommendation for Ben Hume-Wright who has done a couple of jobs in my flat over the last few weeks - excellent work, reasonable rates and a thoroughly lovely chap. 
  • This reminds me that I never gave Tim Young the deserved thumbs up after he did some work at my place a few months back. Prompt, polite and a very good price.<br>
  • Tim Young just finished a job for us. Extremely efficient, highly recommend.
  • I can ditto recommend Ben Hume-Wright, helpful and reliable chap after doing a fair bit of work in my flat.  <p> </p> <p>Nice bloke too and reasonable rates.</p> <p> </p> <p>Mobile -07949 144036</p> <p>ben@tollington.co   (NB there's no .uk on the end of this email address)</p>
  • <p>Another recommendation for Ben Hume-Wright 07949 144036. He's tidy, conscientious and a really nice bloke. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.</p><p> </p>
  • I used Ben a few months ago, he was very good and got the job done quickly.  Met him independently of this forum incidentally so pleased to see lots of recommendations for him.  I did find him quite expensive for the relatively short job I had doing, have other people found him comparable to other local plumbers?<br>
  • edited August 2012
    <p>I thought he was really reasonable. Our job ended up being more complicated than it seemed to be at first and we had to get him round again (not his fault at all!). He was very fair indeed and I would use him again without a doubt. I know a couple of neighbours have used people who were more expensive and they weren't thrilled with them....</p><p> </p>
  • Very much agree. When we used him he was very good, came back quickly when it turned out that more work was required and emailed to check that all was ok after completing the job. Thoroughly professional and very good value for money.
  • Another recommendation for Ben Hume-Wright, contact details above. Absolute pleasure to deal with.
  • He recently did a job for me too.  Highly recommended on all counts.<div><br></div>
  • Agreed - also used Ben and he was prompt, helpful and good with paperwork.
  • Yet another Ben recommendation, and I did not find him expensive at all. An unhesitating recommendation. <br>
  • Another recommendation for Tim Young on 07852185583.<div><br></div>
  • <p>I would also like to highly recommend Ben Hume-Wright. He's done several jobs for me over the past few years and never fails to not only fix the problem, but is always super helpful, efficient and keeps me informed at every stage of the job. Complete peace of mind every time. No need to look any further. </p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"> <font size="2" face="Arial">07949 144036</font></font></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style='color: rgb(0, 102, 0); font-family: "Arial","sans-serif";'>Tollington Plumbing and Heating</span><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></font></p><p><font color="#000000"> </font><a href="http://www.tollington.co" target="_blank"><span style='color: rgb(0, 102, 0); font-family: "Arial","sans-serif";'><font color="#000000">www.tollington.co</font></span></a></p><p><o:p></o:p> </p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"> </font></p><p> </p>
  • I agree. Ben is great  and his work is fantastic and good value. He is a local as He lives on the Andover estate. 
  • We've used Ben Hume-Wright several times (most recently this morning) and I would concur with all the other nice comments about him and his work. Highly recommended!