[...]

Comments

• RoyRoy
    edited 3:39PM
    I just registered at the [Queenswood Medical Practice](http://www.queenswoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/) - located within the Hornsey Central Health Centre a short bus ride from SG on the W7 bus. I chose it because it's a modern, large practice with quite a number of GPs. I was right on the edge of their catchment area though so it depends on where abouts in SG you live whether you can register there.
  • edited December 2017
  • RoyRoy
    edited 3:39PM
    I have to say I take reviews with a pinch of salt. I think the whole idea of treating doctors and dentists like random pubs and restaurants for the Internet at large to rate on a scale of one to five is incredibly misguided. Reviews are often based on whether the health professional agrees with someone's own self-diagnosis, and people, naturally, don't like being told what they don't want to hear. A case in point was a review on the NHS site I saw recently (I can't remember whether it was a doctor or dentist) of someone slating the healthcare professional for saying they needed unnecessary treatment, only to follow up the review a year or two later saying that the provider was right and they wished they'd followed the advice at the time.
  • edited 3:39PM
    Yeah, reviews on those sites are more likely to be negative because it's human nature to want to complain about bad experiences rather than praise good ones (which we expect as a minimum requirement).