Sunday Roast

2»

Comments

• edited 6:34PM
    Ah, but can they beat the astonishingly large and tasty fruits of the forest cheesecake at The Noble?
    Old dairy roast is good, Triangle Restaurant do a great roast too, just on Ferme Park road at a very resonable price.
    The Noble is the best option round here. Proper gravy! Diary can be ok but credit where credit is due their deserts are better than the Noble. So it has to be Bloody Mary in the Diary, roast beef in the Noble followed up by crumble back at the Diary. What a Sunday!
  • AliAli
    edited 6:34PM
    Had some food in the Dairy yesterday (which was okay) and was surprised to find that a lot of the Children’s Menu is not available which seems a bit strange seeing Sunday is day that your likely to take the kids ! Something to do with no chips on a Sunday ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had the £18 steak in the Old Dairy on Saturday night and was rather underwhelmed. I think it was a t-bone, so not my favorite cut, but it was very gristley and fatty. It was nice and rare, which always pleases me, but I thought it was massively overpriced. I always bang on to my friends about pub steaks being generally well below par, but I sometimes get one as I'd like to be disproved on this theory. I never am though. I have had very good Sunday roasts in the Dairy however.
    had a roast at the Shaftesbury Tavern on Hornsey Rd last weekend £12 for beef. The portions were large 2 big slices of beef, a big yorkshire, nice potatoes and cabbage and parsnips all very tasty. Very friendly bar staff too.
    Sunday roast can be very hit and miss. Have been to Old Dairy and The Winchester (Essex Rd) et al one week and its been absolutely cracking and the next week the dinner falls below the mark.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.