Yemek

Comments

• edited 11:44PM
    I haven't been to the Triangle for six months, but it was excellent as ever. Go for a late breakfast some time. The outside does seem to gets a bit shabby over winter when their plant-wall dies back a bit.
    Mexican place looks promising from afar, but having looked at the menu it's a fair bit fancier than I'd expected. Looks nice, but as I work in the area I'd rather run in, grab some lunch, and keep walking up the road. This is all prawns in coriander and the like - which is weird because you'd think that somewhere which sold 'nice' food would be less gaudy.
    Yemek now has pictures up, and candles. And (amazingly) people. Admittedly, only three tables on a Saturday night, but that's three more tables than I've ever seen.
    I'm hoping Yemek does well. I realise it got off to a bad start but someone told me the food is good there. They just need to dictch the minimalist interior.

I'm rooting for Yemek as I feel it's like a schoolyard here sometimes. One of the regulars says it's crap and other say the same. The regulars might be right, wink wink, nudge nudge. Keep 'm sweet or they might take it apart on here. You know Warhol's '15 minutes of fame rule'. Wink wink...
    Or Banksy's 'In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes'.
    The idea of a shadowy cabal dictating board opinion on area restaurants surely falls apart given the undying Pappagone/Porchetta debate.
    Yes, that's where the flaw in the theory lies. Another otherwise sensible conspiracy theory thwarted...
  • edited April 2011
    Kreuzkav, I know that you're bitter that lots of people routinely subject you to subtle mockery, and that it's easier on your ego to assume that this is due to cloaked conspiracy of some kind. But it's not an organised star chamber excluding you from their inner sanctum. Many people have genuinely and independently concluded from your posts that you're a nincompoop. Or, there is a conspiracy, and I'm excluded from it. In which case the logical conclusion is that Yemek is brilliant and deserved of my custom.
    I'm too busy organising the actual, real conspiracies that secretly run the world to waste time organising conspiracies on a tiny message board. I simply don't have the time. *Posted from my iPhone :: Benghazi Telecom*
    I'm not that busy at the moment, might organise a couple of conspiracies while I've got a few hours to spare.
  • IanIan
    edited 11:44PM
    I'm with @Andy if I had any aptitude in organised conspiracy I wouldn't use that ability and effort to channel microsites against hopeless restaurateurs. People have, however, used this site to give a few tips including tart up the décor and don't stand at the doorway smoking all day. Not bad advice if you ask me.
    They had the front windows all open yesterday and it looked altogether more inviting. Still empty, mind.
    Yeah, and the owner sitting outside looking almost suicidal doesn't help.
  • AliAli
    I don’t think Kreuz means there is a conspiracy but sometimes there is a bit of herd mentality on here, not sure that is correct
    @k - have you got something in your eye?
    Perhaps it's a mote.
    I don't think there's a conpiracy as I don't think there's a group of bankers running the world from the Swiss Alps. I just think it can be a bit of a schoolyard here sometimes. I might be wrong. Just a thought!
    Yemek in 2 customers shock last night. (I think they were the owners friends).
    The owners wife is stunning
  • FinFin
    I popped into Yemek for a quick bite on my way home the other night and the food was very good. Nice, freshly grilled meat, fresh bread and salad, good quality ingrediants all round. Simple, well cooked food, decent value, owner and staff all very friendly.

Problems? Decor doesn't inspire you to even go in let alone eat in, especially when the two other local Turkish eateries (Patek and Sugar Lounge) are both so atmospheric in their own ways. I'll certainly use Yemek again for a takeaway though.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I could only look at her out of the corner of my eye or the missus would have thumped me.
    Was out on SG friday evening having a drink at Faltering Fullback then later Noble then back to FF.

Walked past Yemek a few times in the evening and night and there was no one inside. Couple of guys outside and I thought I could see cleaning products on top of the charcoal grill. If it is being run as a legit restuarant then it is on a downward spiral and will close due to lack of cash. Nb this was a Friday and the Royal Wedding day most other places were reasonably full.

I do not take any delight in seeing a local business fail as it takes drive and intiative to get a small business going.....but something has got to give. The owners need to fix up or it will sink without a trace.

My suggestion is if anyone local knows anything or anyone in the hosting/eating out biz and wants to have a go at a guerilla pop up restuarant then approach the owners to lease it for a night, week. Who knows "Dudleys" revisited for 1 night only! or my preference a summer run for Le Relais de Venise
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MHPMHP
    Shutters were down today...had a feeling it's already closed.
    I've heard in the past that it's a common approach for SGR restaurants only to be charged rent after the first three months... on which basis, Yemek's only really now starting to face substantial losses?
    shutters down again today. the end?
  • MHPMHP
    Looks like Finito!
    RIP Yemek. Only took 3 months not the 9 I guessed at the start of this thread.