Florist?

edited June 2011 in Reviews
Quite a specific one this:

Florist.
Near SGR.
Open after 6pm weekdays.
Does it exist?

p.s. i've already checked tesco and sainsbury's. tesco is great if you want a pot of basil and sainsbury's tend to have one bunch of flowers in a corner somewhere that look like they're made out of soggy crate paper.

Comments

• edited 6:58PM
    there's a florist by the bus station on corner of sgr that did a decent bunch a while back, haven't been recently. wouldn't recommend the florist next to the post office on sgr unless you want themed overpriced bunches.
    crouch end is your best bet - as well as M&S, Budgens and Waitrose, you've got the little pet shop and some of the grocers.
    and there's a decent florist opposite Monkey nuts on the same side as O's Thai cafe.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    There's a nice one on the corner on the Gill Wing side of Park Road in CE. The chap in there is friendly and I know they're open after five. I'll try to find the name, one minute...
    Miss Penn opened recently on Blackstock Road. Recommended - will whip you up a bouquet of your choice on the sopt and open till 6.30. wish someone would a proper garden shop on SGR, would do well. Along with a nice organic fruit and veg place...
    You need to be involved in the criminal underworld in order to open a shop "front" on SGR apparently.
    cheers @Thomas, sounds perfect.

agree there should be one on SGR itself. made the mistake of going to the one by the post office when i first moved here. charged me £10 for a bunch of tulips, went inside to pay and they were all smoking while their kids ran amok. not recommended!
    Miss the greengrocer/florist that used to be on the corner where the Mind shop is now - lovely bunches of flowers for 50p or £1....
    I get a bunch of white lillies each week from Tesco. I hate that Tesco, but I've tried and tested all other local (and further afield) options - both independents and supermarket chains - and Tesco flowers open properly, last the longest and represent the best value for money. Their seasonal bunches of tulips, daffs and glads etc. are all great too.

I can't really comment on any of their 'mixed bouquets' though, as I never buy them.

Sainsbury's lillies are the worst! They never open properly.
    I got an amazing bunch of Tesco's Finest lilies the other evening - reduced from £10 to 75p!
    I checked with the one in CE yesterday (Urban Florist or Urban something anyway) and it's only open until 6, except on a Friday when it's open until 7.
    Good stuff, cheers @tosscat.
  • JimJim
    edited 6:58PM
    If you need a florist in Finsbury park

I know a brilliant florist she does the flowers in the Full Back and the
    Shaftesbury Tavern. She doesnt have a shop but has a studio. But if you need a bouquet or one delivered she can help.

Contact her on 07810201579.