top celeb spot

Comments

• edited 4:59PM
    Is the 'high security house' at Stapleton Hall Road / Florence Road anything to do with Douglas Alexander? If not who?
  • edited June 2011
    David Lammy MP (Lancaster Road) at the Hay Book Festival. He was surprised when I told him I knew where he lived and had often been in his living rom. Nay, alarmed.
    Steve Sweeney in the White Lion
  • edited June 2011
    I've seen Douglas Alexander outside the dry cleaners near Sainsbury's local.
  • edited June 2011
    Andy Serkis at Totally Goal at Highgate Wood school one Saturday - in goal and my son giving him a hard time as he was trying to get one past him
    Spotted: krappyrubsnif! He's aliiiiive! But looking pretty rough. Sorry KRS. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
    Forgot about this thread. Ed Balls got on the tube at FP a few days ago. Engrossed in the FT, appeared to be completely unrecognised by his fellow travellers.
    yeah, i saw ed about a month ago now heading to the victoria line from king's cross (presumably north-bound). presumably he's 'hob-nobbing' with mr alexander?
    Or maybe lodging? Those expenses aren't what they were.
    .....only just. Thanks Arkady
  • IanIan
    edited 4:59PM
    Ed lives between here and Stokey. He must be busing it to FP to get to work.
    apart from simon pegg I haven't heard of a single 'celebrity' in this thread!
    I used to live on Upper Street and would see REAL A listers all the time; Kathy Burke, Jude Law, Clive Anderson (LOL).
    Stroud Green not too good for calibre, methinks.
    Kathy Burke? Are you kidding?!

Once saw Peter Capaldi at FP tube one morning. Simon Pegg in the Old Dairy. That's about it.

But, why does anyone care? Seriously, why do we care that celebs live in the area, or that we've seen them frequenting a local pub?
    What, because it's distracting us all from vastly more important conversations about the area's bollards and derelicts?
    Ed Balls lives closer to Manor House than Stokey.
    Ed lives on a road where the majority of residents are Orthodox Jewish.
    It would be absolutely appalling if he had dressed up in a German Nazi WW2 uniform as a prank at uni........
    saw Brian Bovell, Leo Valentine coming out of Sainsbury's yesterday! :-)
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    who are ANY of these people?!
    Yeah Kathy Burke looking rough as fuck walking up Upper street totally not drawing any attention whatsoever in the morning.
    Jude Law looking extremely smart and hungover at 8am on Sunday limping (literally, limping!) down an all-but deserted Upper Street around the time he was divorcing Sadie Frost. I could not believe my eyes on that particular occasion. I got close enough to smell his booze breath!
    Argh Leo Valentine, amazing!!
    This week I've seen Terry Hall and Bobby Gillespie. They're fairly famous.
  • edited July 2011
    I presume that Hall and Gillespie were spotted around upper street. I used to see them a lot five years ago when I worked round there. Hall was always grumpy and with a woman twice his age.
    My favourite starspot is always Dr Legg - so minor, but so familiar to so many people. I thought he was a gonner some years back when I saw him looking very rough outside Mind, but he's really bounced back. A couple of months ago I had a lovely chat to Ruth from Spooks in St John's, she was really, realy nice and friendly, and confided that the writers were never going to let her and Harry get together.
    Just saw 'comedian' Omid Djalili with a film crew at the petrol station on Stapleton Hall Rd. He looked extremely proccupied and a bit scary.
  • KazKaz
    I just went down there to see what the fuss was about and all I saw was bored film crews standing around... Granted, Omid Djalili wasn't in the top 10 of who I was hoping to see on a film shoot, but still....
    Brian Bovell, Leo Valentine from Hollyoaks. Saw him a few years ago (when he was on The Bill) on the victoria line train with my sister and he was very friendly, lovely man.
    also, wayyy jealous of the Omid Djallili spot, i love him!
    On Sunday I saw Blossom Jackson (used to be a regular on Eastenders). She was navigating her way up SGR with a handwritten note, I suspect she was off for tea with Dr Legg.
    Go to the Mind Cafe on Friday lunchtimes if you want to brush shoulders with the Legend (Legg-end?) that is Dr Legg.

Russell Tovey (Being Human, History Boys), Hampstead Men's Pond on Sunday in a fetching pair of grey swimming trunks.
  • RegReg
    Andy Serkis walking past the Old Dairy this afternoon, towards CE.
    This from Simon Pegg on Twitter today:

"Today, after 9 years of living in this lovely North London community, I finally bud adieu to Crouch End. I'll be back for Banners though."

He was arguably our #1 regular celeb spot and shall be missed...