top celeb spot

Comments

• JakJak
    edited 8:45AM
    David Yip used to live in Evershot Road , does that count ?
  • edited 8:45AM
    Two celeb spots last Saturday: 1. The man who plays the old skinny tramp on Shooting Stars (often in the winning team's task at the end) in the park 2. Dr Legg, on the Oxford Road bridge, on the way to the park
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Britney Spears was in Stoke newington filming a video and stopped for a soda in sunshine cafe with fat black guard who did not smile
    Ken is depressing.
    Tim Minchin getting into a cab at the CE clock tower this morning.
    I saw Tim Minchin dropping his kids off in the CE area last week.
    He's lived locally fro a while, he's a Homebase regular. I saw Caitlin Moran in Crouch End the other day, but you can't walk round there for more than about two minutes without tripping over her.
    Coming out the back of the Vue in Leicester Square last night, tried to turn right, (the quickest way to get to the tube) and got manhandled by a security women who shouted at me to TURN LEFT MADAM! I was about to tell her to use less of the tone and get her hands off me, when I realised it was George Clooney at the other end of the red carpet.
    Ooo, that is good.
    Comedian Mark Watson (+wife and baby) on the 210 today. Then 10 mins later in Sainsburys on SGR (buying milk, for the record).
  • A triple bill for me today (although not in SG).....<div><br></div><div>1. John Snow - walking on Hampstead Heath</div><div>2. Paul Nicholls aka Crazy Joe from Eastenders - Smoking a tab near infamous snappy snaps in Hampstead</div><div>3. Ricky Gervais - Looking mega slim on his way back from a jog around the Heath. He had the biggest pair of raybans i've ever seen, a beenie, and disgusting legging type joggies on. Yuk.</div><div><br></div><div>Brrraaaaap. Three in a day.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • I saw Mike Ramsden from the BBC news the other week outside Nando's waiting to cross the road with a child in a pram. I think they had been to the park. 
  • Deciding to walk from Charing Cross to Oxford Circus last night I happened upon the end of the premiere of Hugo in Leicester Sq. Prince Charles and Camilla drove past me, just a meter or two away. Then I saw Brian May walking away from the cinema as well. I'd happily swap those three for dorothy's Clooney though, but seeing Brian May's hair up-close was special, very impressive. 
  • He's quite grey these days isn't he? Anthony Keidis from Red Hot Chilli Peppers is my best recent celeb (non SG) encounter. I had a chat with him, he is charming but tiny.
  • I met John Squire in the summer.  Not in Stroud Green though, just wanted to say.  Lovely chap.
  • Top spot! Was it at one of his art shows?
  • Walked past Jarvis (again) by Goodge Street station.  He looks rubbish with his hairy beard though.
  • @Andy, it was.  I bought one of his paintings a while ago, so got invited to Shoreditch for him to show me his new exhibition.  I could barely spring a sentence together as he is/was a bit of a hero, but he was very polite and friendly, if somewhat quiet, though we did have a few laughs.  I didn't ask him about the Roses, seemed somewhat rude and I didn't really want them to reform, but now they have I'm looking forward to it!
  • I think I was at the same thing, but didn't have the guts to talk to him. I only have a print of his though..
  • Very grey miss Annie! Where on earth do you bump into and have a chat with Anthony Keidis?
  • <p>@andy and @graeme A pal of mine was at the same thing and he was absolutely brazen - photos with him and everything.</p><p>@Kaz I met Anthony Keidis outside a pub in Soho. I decided to say hello as I like RHCP, so I wandered over and struck up a conversation. He was really very nice, very tanned with a huge 'tache. He's about 5ft 4 and extremely toned - lots of yoga by the looks of his arms.</p>
  • edited November 2011
    <div>@miss annie,  yeah went along in the afternoon and had a nice 20 min chat with him as it hadn't opened yet, and I guess his agent figured I'd buy another painting...   [also, when I asked him if I could have a photo, he said yes of course, so I got him to take a photo of me and his agent Vivienne, to general laughs, so I now also own a photo taken by him...]</div><div><br></div><div>re: Keidis, like Squire, sounds like he was a nice guy.  Would hate to meet someone you like and they turn out to be a total pr1ck!</div><div><br></div>
  • Just seen Pete Burns sitting outside the Mega Cafe on Stroud Green Road. I wonder what he was doing in these parts?!
  • edited December 2011
    <p>I met Boris Johnson today in Tesco Islington Green. Boris was impeccably dressed in un-ironed, un-buttoned shirt and coat typical Boris I guess.</p><p>We had a chat  and he was then approached by two charity workers. The Big Issue seller got there first with the disabled bloke limping in a close second.</p><p>He didnt have the correct cash for the Big issue so tried to get it for £1.50 to be told it was now £2.00.But he did stump up some cash and even told the Big Issue seller to give the change to the disabled collector.</p><p>Then had his pic taken with me and we walked down Camden Passage chatting about his book. He asked me if I liked it and looked genuinely happy when I said I did.</p><p>An all around nice bloke (who I hope will win).</p>
  • my son says he regularly almost gets run over by dev from coronation street<br>