Childcare recommendations needed

edited February 2012 in About this site
Hi<br><br>I have a three month old daughter and I've been told that I should start registering her with a nursery or a childminder for when I go back to work later in the year. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I need a place for two days a week. <br><br>Many thanks<br>Nicole<br>

Comments

• Hi<div><br></div><div>No recommendations I'm afraid... but I'm in much the same boat except my son is 6 months old!  I go back to work in July, and am looking for nursery or childminder (or nanny share) - any ideas/recommendations would be great!!</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • edited February 2012
    Our son is at Bowlers nursery, which is in Islington, but right on the border with Haringey (new website being sorted, in the meantime old website can be found at http://www.pixelville.co.uk/bowlersnursery/)<br><br>We've been using them for over a year now and can thoroughly recommend them as a great environment.  They do have limited capacity for the under 2's however (as do most nurseries) so worth speaking to them earlier rather than later.  They also generally do their intakes at the start of term, with the biggest intake in September.<br><br>If you want more information, call them on 020 7281 2832 and ask to speak to Aoife ("E-fa" for those like me who hadn't come across the name before) who handles admissions.<br><br>I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have also, post them here or whisper me.<br><br><br>
  • <a href="http://www.northislingtonnursery.co.uk/page_viewer.asp?page=Home&pid=1">North Islington Nursery</a> on Tollington Park are great. They take kids from 3 months.<br><br>The staff are really great, the playground is super and the kids are happy. We looked around other options in the very local area and this was, for us, the hands-down winner.<br><br>They're flexible with days - you ask for what you want and they tell you whether they can cater for you.<br>
  • I couldn't recommend North Islington more highly. <br><br>Both my children are there, my son started at 10 months and is now four and my daughter at 1 year and is nearly 3. They love it and they are well cared for and they have so many fantastic opportunities there from playing in giant baths of jelly to trips to see the Snowman.. The garden is amazing like Teletubbie land with a band stand, play house, play ship, allotment, climbing trees, bridges etc. The staff have been there for years and are very motivated and nurturing, I really don't think you could get a better nursery.<br><br><br>