My toooe is bleeeeding

edited November 2011 in Local discussion
<div>Does anybody know where all the wood pigeons gone? Are they migrating birds? I do not remember their disappearance last winter, and I have not seen a single one around for good 3 months. Or they just moved the other side of the road?</div>

Comments

• <p>Sorry I killed and ate them, Wood Pigeons are so moreish.</p><p>Fancy some pie?</p>
  • UK birds don't migrate, but they will disperse south in colder weather. Although it hasn't actually been cold recently. A weather warning maybe?<br>
  • I doubt that they can predict December weather in August.<div>So, nobody's seeing them around?</div>
  • Lorne Road is currently plagued with them, partly because the man at number (better not say but close to 18 and not as far as 28) feeds them stale bread twice a day. It had gone all soggy in the street but that does not stop them stuffing there selves and of course the rest follows and id not very nice particular with kids playing in the street. I don't like them sorry Janez. Chang
  • Chang - I think you are referring to feral/rock pigeons and not wood pigeons.  We have some of the latter down here (SG borders = Wilberforce Road) eating berries... but not many (perhaps thanks to Detritus's pie-making activities????)
  • Thanks for clarifying. I won't say he ate all the pies but maybe he made some of them. Chang