Manchester United Crying Kid

Comments

• <p>Don't follow Man U enough to comment on him but he does look like a good player, the loss of Vidic is a loss.</p><p>As long as Leeds dont lose players I dont care who goes where, but the gunners do need some one in the back and a few teams need a new keeper.</p><p>England will struggle without Rooney in the first 2 games, I can see us loosing to France.</p>
  • We will get slammed at the Emirates, but we'll have a great day out. Thats what i said last year and we almost won! Same again please.<div><br></div><div>McCormack and Snodgrass 0-2....you heard it here first :-)<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • I agree but it will be a Snoddy brace
  • <P>i would like to hear more about trips to lower league clubs;and the pukka pies or other pies they serve at half time...especially the romance of the FA cup,was good in the old days when lower league teams knocked out the old division one clubs...</P> <P>bordiej says " i take pleasure from chelsea fc getting spanked" - roman abramovich thinks he is the manager and is treating cfc like he can do anything he wants with it...which he can as he owns cfc...bad4 football...he sacked ancelloti which was a disgrace...ancelloti was a good manager...</P> <P>for me i think if all these players are fit and not banded unlike rooney then these players are good for england</P> <P>rooney up front on his own - or wellbeck from man utd..</P> <P>ashley young on the left,milner,gerard,strurridge - doing well down the right for chelsea...obviously gerard injured and rooney on a 3 match ban for england</P> <P>wilshere - injured for arsenal but a lively midfield player - wilshere puts his foot and his head in and is quality arsenal player - walcott has pace but sometimes lacks intelligence...</P> <P>ashley cole and lescott and jagielka and micah richards with hart in goal dont like jt as he is sluggish now</P> <P>for me parker is a good defensive midfielder but he does put his foot in too much and gives away too many free kicks and lacks a yard hence phil jones of man utd being an option</P> <P>lamps - maybe he will go to la galaxy like becks as avb does not fancy him perhaps...lamps is sluggish but he scored 20 goals a season in past which is better than many strikers</P> <P>jt - as cfc are playing a high line maybe his lack of pace will be exposed - but he has never had any pace so maybe its avb who has got the tactics wrong...</P> <P>as for arsenal - wenger - i would like to see what he buys in the january transfer window - maybe he could learn from harry redknapp who hung on to modric...</P>
  • Fair result tonight. I thought we battled really hard and it was a bit lucky that we hadn't let in 5 by the time Mr Henry popped up and knocked it in the corner. I do have to ask....What's his beard all about though? <div><br></div><div>Other observations...</div><div>1. 356 - number of times the word "mug" was used</div><div>2. 246 - number of times the word "mug" was used to describe Arshavin</div><div>3. I saw Arsenal fans eating Arsenal branded boxes of BBQ chicken wings in the ground? No pie.</div><div>4. Most expensive football shirt ever "Oxlade-Chamberlain". You would need an extra large just so it could go on the arms.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • Do you live in Lorne Road? Just asking. Chang
  • <p>We didn't get hammered thank god.</p><p>Henry pah!</p><p>And try Venegoor of Hesselink</p><p> </p>
  • <p>Re Arsenal v Leeds.</p><p>It was a poor game to watch. Leeds should have had more of a go instead of waiting til they were 1 down.</p><p>A pal told me some facts about the Henry goal -</p><p>He scored with 12 mins to the end</p><p>Henry's 12th game against Leeds.</p><p>His 12th goal scored against Leeds.</p><p>Henry's shirt number 12.</p><p>In the year 2012. </p>
  • I think we were trying, the difference is that we're a bit shit so it might not have been obvious
  • <p>We woz robbed.</p><p>We are a tad shit I admit, but Leeds United are the greatest team ever. </p><p>Childish rant over.</p>
  • Hmm so we sack Grayson and get maybe Warnock god I hope not.
  • This wasn't a surprise, although doing it after the transfer window seemed a bit daft. We have been poor for about 12 months now, and most wins have been undeserved, which hid the bigger problems. SG having an affair with someone at the office also doesn't lay great foundations for a winning atmosphere. So, the name circulating in Yorkshire for the last few months has been Di Matteo. Not sure he's right for our club though. Warnock would be a good fit for us. He's widely hated, as are we, but im not sure he's technically very good. What he did with QPR last season was oustanding though, and for that reason i'd give him the nod. The big news is how on earth did MKdons get Smith over us? why did we not go in for him?
  • <p>God I am depressed 0 - 2 think I might sulk in the corner for a time.</p>
  • What an enjoyable Sunday afternoon that was. My favourite bit was when Rooney and friends looked like they were going to be sick on the pitch. Maybe there is a god after all......
  • Oh joy joy joy there is nothing better than seeing a Man U fan crying, it made my week. I would have loved City to drive past Old Trafford in the bus gloating,
  • As much as i hate man u, at least they earn what they win. Man city just bought the league, just like chelsea did when they got takn over by the russian. Its ruining football. Any team can be tht good if they spend that amount of money.
  • <P>As you say, its the norm now that in order to improve your chances of success you can spend loads of money. Man City have done this, and good luck to them. I remember visiting Maine Road when they were in old money division 3 and they still had 25,000 coming to watch them play Grimsby in the rain. Bet they didn't see this coming.</P> <P>As an aside, the Manchester United team that played Sunderland on Sunday had a transfer value of over £200m. Man U are a very good side, but there is no doubt that they are buying their (lack of) sucess.</P> <P>Starting 11 <BR>Phil Jones £17,000,000<BR>David De Gea £18,900,000<BR>Patrice Evra £5,500,000<BR>Michael Carrick £18,600,000<BR>Antonio Valencia £16,000,000<BR>Ashley Young £17,000,000<BR>Wayne Rooney £27,000,000<BR>Rio Ferdinand £27,550,000<BR>Giggs £0<BR>Scholes £0<BR>Evans £0<BR>TOTAL £147,550,000<BR><BR>On the bench <BR>Demitar Berbatov £30,750,000<BR>Javier Hernandez £6,000,000<BR>Rafael Da Silva £2,500,000<BR>Ji-Sung Park £4,000,000<BR>Nani £13,500,000<BR>Owen £0<BR>TOTAL £56,750,000<BR><BR>Team selection £204,300,000<BR></P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P> <P> </P>
  • Of course they have big money players but those players came for the history, the club, the great manager. Not the money. Man city bought literlly everybody worth buying within 2 years.its ridiculous because it doesnt give anybody else a chance. Football is about the game, it shouldnt be just about the money. Who could compete with wages when they dont have a limit? You say 200 they say 300. You say 300 they sy 400. Dont think they wouldnt give messi 1/2 a million a week if he would actually come to such a club. Only thing is he wont come.imagine the wage ronaldo would be given? Its great we have another team to challnge it makes the league interesting. But there should be a limit on transfers, wages and club losses.i cant remember the amoint but man city had millions in loss last year. They were making no money but staying afloat because The owner is so rich.
  • <P>Yes, i agree on everything you've said. Please accept an open invitation to become a Leeds United fan. Your expectations will never be high, a big money signing will be if they bring in a new pie supplier. Every game you play you have a very good chance of winning or losing. And, you will only ever have to learn one song. Its more fun being shit.</P> <P> </P>
  • Ash's right here. Between 2006 and 2011 united spent 52m net on transfer fees - 9th in the league. City spent 419m, not even Chelsea come close. http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html Arsenal, incidentally, made about 30m
  • We dont really spend anything but we need to do a shopping spree this summer. Go on gooners
  • @Ash, <br><br>I thought the plan was to wait until the financial fair play things kicked in and then sit back and laugh? <br>
  • :) its true. Lets see what they are really made of when they cant spend any more on wages.
  • So the season is up and running and as usual Leeds are crap, oh the joy.
  • You must be pretty happy with Man U's position though!<br>
  • edited September 2013
    Oh it's great .
  • Oh god! Nothing more needs to be said.
  • Well, i didn't see a 5-1 home win coming today! Our club is beyond a soap opera, but the sun shone Man U lost as did the toon. Not a bad day. 
  • Yes it's been a odd 24hours even for us.