Attack on 29 bus last Tuesday 8-8.30pm

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Sadly I didn't see anything and am not able to offer any help, but I must say, that is a disgusting response from the Police.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Misscara, sounds very unpleasant - sorry to hear it. If you haven't already, might it be worth you contacting the bus company yourself to ask them to keep the footage for the police?
  • Is this the tiny woman? Might be worth providing a description so other people using the bus can look out for her.
  • @ Miscara, so sorry that sounds really horrible and it's shocking that the police aren't being more helpful. The other alternative is to contact the local papers, counsellor and put some pressure on the police to get them moving, It is really unacceptable. Lynn Featherstone too.  That is what I would do , I know you may not want to.<div><br></div><div>If you whisper me I can provide contact numbers for the papers. Just a thought. I hope they manage to find her. I am following a crime correspondent for the nationals on twitter who was mugged in Harringay and he wrote about the police's response, could be worth contacting him.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway I hope you are feeling better.</div>
  • That's a disgusting response from the police. They certainly managed to secure cctv footage of some more high profile crimes on the buses so why not on this occasion? Is it because cases are prioritized? I'm not anti-police because I have found them very helpful when I have reported crimes but what you report is unpleasant to hear. perhaps the police who post on here can give an explanation?<br><br>I hope you're ok and that your confidence is still in one piece.<br>
  • I find @Misscara';s experience all the more baffling because MPS Haringey posted this on Twitter at about 3.25pm: <div><br></div><div><a class=" twitter-atreply pretty-link" data-screen-name="haringeycouncil" href="https://twitter.com/haringeycouncil" rel="nofollow" style="color: rgb(0, 132, 180); text-decoration: none; outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: 17.27272605895996px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "><s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 181, 210); ">@<;/s><b style="font-weight: normal; text-decoration: underline; ">haringeycouncil</b></a><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: 17.27272605895996px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "> CCTV alerted police to possible street robbery occurring in Ducketts Common area this morn'. Property recovered. 3 arrests</span> </div><div><br></div><div>So super speedy response to CCTV is clearly possible! I would have thought crimes against a person outranked crimes against property? Or not?</div>
  • edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Misscara, if you look at the feed for @MPSHaringey, it's their most recent tweet.
  • @misscara sorry to hear about your attack, hope you are okay. If it happened in the bus itself did you contact British Transport Police? I've noticed they have just started posting on here (see bike postings). Maybe worth making them aware of what happened.
  • I fear the police who post here are likely to be noticeable by their silence on this one ... although their comment and advice would seem invaluable.
  • Sorry to hear that Misscara, that's horrible, as is the police response.<br><br>@Ilovegreyhounds: I don't think the BTP have jurisdiction over buses, so I think the Met would be the right force to contact (which I imagine is what Misscara did).<br>
  • @vetski: robbery <b>is</b> a crime against the person.  It means theft from a person by means of force or threat of force.  'Street robbery' encompasses what is commonly referred to as mugging.  So don't be too quick to dismiss the police response to that incident.<br>
  • Just shows you how rubbish the policing here is. Just like when the riots happened. They dont really care for anyone but themselves. Its not hard to get access to cctv, in the end its there to be viewed right? They waste money on stupid things like stopping people for no apparent reason ( i was stopped twice walking home from my shop in the past 3 weeks) . I was told there was gang activity in the area and on the other occasion a robbery. Police here are stupid,they arent trained good enough and they are all too scared for their lives to really help anyone. They cant view cctv, so if the same person attacked someone else and seriously hurt them, who would be to blame? Some suited guy from metropolitan police will come on tv say sorry and how they are trying to do everything they can blah blah.its stupid.
  • RoyRoy
    edited July 2012
    @Misscara: my point is that street robberies usually do involve physical attacks - sometimes really quite nasty ones.  In fact, I had thought that the definition of robbery was that it involved an attack, but Wikipedia just talks about the 'use of force' so now I'm not sure.<br>
  • @Roy, I wasn't dismissing it - I think I was confusing it with burglary!
  • Sorry to hear about this Misscara.     I have had a very similar experience with the police and CCTV myself and the simple fact is that if they don't want to be bothered with it, they'll just ignore you - CCTV or not.    Complain, complain, complain again, put it in writing, ask for an explanation, and make their pathetic jobsworth lives hell!<br>
  • I believe you have the right to view the footage yourself under freedom of information if you contact the bus company. If you then have evidence of this attack I'm sure the police will be much more willing to act.
  • Misscara, please go for this FOI idea.  I'd be keenly interested in the outcome.<br><br>In my case five years ago, the police declined to take action, then refused to release the CCTV tape back to me and destroyed it.    It was a theft and the CCTV image clearly showed the perpetrator!<br>
  • My sympathy Misscara,<br><br>If any of the local police who do post on here read this: pull your finger out, step in and sort this out. Seize responsibility and then update us on what you have done. Get yourself some good PR.<br><br>The police rely on law abiding everyday citizens to be their eyes and ears and every time they fail like this a little bit more of that helping hand gets lost and their job gets harder.<br><br><br>
  • Gosh Misscara, that's awful, and I'm disgusted that you are making such little progress in getting this investigated.  Are the police going to wait until this woman seriously injures someone before they act? 
  • Terrible experience, my sincere sympathies. A mate of mine saw a verbal assault on a train in Charlton and 'had a go' to get them to back off and calm down. Mistake. They set on him, but fortunately they ran off at close station. No CCTV either and victim affrsid to support my friend with cops. Very depressing side of London. Makes you wonder what a 'good citizen ' can really do in this f?!!ong Big Society. Chang