Attack on 29 bus last Tuesday 8-8.30pm

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How frustrating.  This sounds a reasonable account to me and illustrates what happens when two mammoth bureaucratic organisations (Met Police and TFL) do business together - delay piled on delay.  It's the system that's at fault.<br><br>It seems to me the question to ask is why passengers can't request CCTV of an incident directly themselves, given the seriousness of the assault and the likelihood of delays.<br><br>Next time - maybe note the bus number, engage a good lawyer and get straight on to TFL?    I still think you should pursue this, maybe with TFL and the media?    Shockingly bad system!<br>
  • The link furnished above by Miss Annie will inform you that it is the  Met and Arriva  the bus operator who will be dealing with this.  If TfL are in the process to get the video  that is defintley bureaucratic
  • Hi.<br><br>A similar thing happened to my wife and I a couple of months back. We were even threathened with a knife and as it wasnt used, there was no way the police would request the CCTV. We were punched and hit however.<br><br>In future, can I ask that everybody else witnessing the incident pleae join in and kick these scumbags faces in, atleast we can be sure we wont be captured on CCTV.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Did you not report this until the following day? It seems in most cases the way to get the Police's attention is to dial 999 as soon as possible, regardless of what they say about 101.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for what the officer has said it appears they have a terrible system in place.</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I work in IT for a law firm and if our helpdesk ran in the same way heads would roll. If someone dealing with a case has days off, someone else should be able to pick it up and continue the work. Not leave it until they are back in the office.</font></div>
  • The bit that baffles me is it taking 3 days for the crime report to be passed on to someone who could deal with it! @Misscara, presumably the driver was aware that something was going on, even if he didn't realise quite what - I'd imagine he'd have to report such incidents when he gets back to his depot, so do please contact Arriva. If you know what time you touched in on the bus, it should take mere seconds for Arriva to be able to identify the bus in question and hence the driver. 
  • @Misscara, have a look at the @MPSHaringey Twitter feed from this afternoon...but be sitting down first, in case it makes you cross!
  • edited July 2012
    and still no police comment ... even though they have recently
  • ... been active on this board.
  • It seems that the police don't seem too interested, which frankly is embarrassing to all of us as citizens. <br><br>Imagine if visitors from overseas have these problems when they come here for the Olympics? If it was Boris or 'Call me Dave' who had been robbed do you think the met would give them the same answers, 'it takes time' 'there is a procedure involved and that procedure means we can not help you'?<br><br>Also, perhaps the person from the Met who responded, should call upstairs to the robbery detectives and see if there is any way they can track down the missing punctuation marks.<br>
  • Yay! The power of the interwebs!
  • <P>Glad to see your getting some response at last.</P> <P>I guess a lot of this bereaucracy will get sorted once Boris gets G4S in to run the back office </P>
  • Wow Misscara, good luck with getting her caught. hope it will limit that kind off accidents in the area. I am very impressed with how persistent you are with this! :)
  • Glad they're getting on it Misscara, I hope you get some justice and that woman learns her life lesson from getting caught. <div><br></div><div>Shocked at the system they seem to have, where if someone goes on holiday/off ill crimes meant to completely stop and wait for them to get back. </div>
  • I feel somewhat cheered by the way things are shaping up ...
  • Sorry to hear his, how horrid for you. I can understand why someone who has been attacked would just want to get out of there but if you see an incident on the bus, tell the driver! If the police don't turn up there and then, the bus driver will report it when he or she gets back to the depot and they'll download the CCTV and keep it (so says my chap, a bus driver).
  • Lynne Featherstone (our MP) is asking for folks thoughts on policing in Haringey, in advance of a meeting with the local police commander ... not quite of direct relevance to bus-related crime ... <br><br>On-line survey here: <a href="http://bit.ly/libdemcrimesurvey" target="_blank">http://bit.ly/<wbr>libdemcrimesurvey</a>;
  • edited July 2012
    I really dont see why we have cctv if its not used. And how can the poilce not view cctv, if someones pulled a knife on you? Especially with all the kids dying. I will say this all the time metropolitan police is among the worst in the world. What have they ever done for anyone? Why would you even have to request cctv footage yourself? Theres been a crime so thats their job.why are they getting paid? Personally i have had bad experiences with police all my life. I would never trust or rely on them. Just pray that you never need their help.
  • <p>Just to present another point of view, I have never had a bad experience with the police. Any time (admittedly not often) that I have called on them for my own or another's benefit they have responded rapidly, courteously and efficiently. </p><p>I can think of a couple of police forces in European countries and many more around the world that are much worse, to the point where they actually warn you about them in the guidebooks!</p><p>As the person who wrote the response to Misscara stated, CCTV is not run by the police it is operated, and is the property of, private companies. Was the person that responded to you a police officer Misscara, or a backroom support person?  </p>
  • <p>Without a doubt the British Police are one of the best forces in the world, yet people persistently knock them. I know there have been, and I am sure still ar,e members of the Police Force who in all truthfulness should not be in the job.</p><p>But...</p><p>We live in a city of over 7 million, tempers are going to fray. Every night there are pissed up idiots who just want to punch someone. The roads are fit for horse and carriage not huge pointless 4 wheel drive cars. We live in a city that people want to visit. On top of that the Olympics are around the corner. And we expect someone to come out and sort out the fraying tempers, drunk idiots, bumps on the road, to help lost tourists and the 100 of things the Police do that we just take for granted. All of this dont forget is normally done without firearms, I lived in the USA for a long time and still feel uncomfortable talking to someone with a gun strapped to their waist.</p><p>We are to ready to have a go at or bash the police every day, yes they make mistakes but then again don't we all? A uniform wont make people perfect. The times the Police have been anything but civil and helpful to me I am certain that I deserved it.</p><p>Personally I think they deserve respect. As the uniform alone warrants that.</p>
  • <P>Never really understand why its generally frowned upon to make critical comments of our public services (police, nurses, doctors etc). Firstly, they've all made their choice to do that role, so while i'm thankful i don't think constant gratitude is appropriate. If they do a good job they deserve a pat on the back, if they don't, they shouldn't be let off because we should all be grateful that they're there. And secondly, people have their own direct experiences of interaction with public services....it's right that they communicate what they experienced, and how they felt. It can lead to some generalisations i guess, but first hand experience has more credibility in my eyes. </P> <P>For discussion. A mechanic is a highly skilled individual whose day to day decisions directly affect your safety and that of your passengers. When you get in your car and drive it, the decisions and actions they have taken determine your safe passage. Why are they not thought of in the same way as a police officer or a nurse or a fireman?</P> <P> </P>
  • A mechanic sounds a bit like a train driver !
  • When I think about public services and whether I feel that they generally deserve my praise, criticism or respect I think about whether I'd be happy to swap places with them for a week. Train driver, mechanic, office based civil servant etc. yes. Police officer, nurse, fireman no.
  • @Ali. No, as the description doesn't state "goes on strike at every available opportunity". I can't remember the last time the guys down the garage went on strike.
  • <P>I wasn't sure how many actual days that tube drivers have actually been on strike o I thought I would google it.  With a bit of mis typing I discovrred that the Paul M song Ysterday has been coverred by over 2200 artists a world record.</P> <P>Car mechanic  seem to go on strike quite a bit in Chicago</P>