It's going to be LOUD.

Comments

• My dad saw Kate bush at a recording of Jim'll Fix It. She was one of the fixes. These days I don't like to think too much about jim, but it is a good connection with a star. Chang
  • My dad saw Kate bush at a recording of Jim'll Fix It. She was one of the fixes. These days I don't like to t
  • That's be a heck of a triple header. Even the power of sg.org might struggle to make it happen though ...
  • Well, in the end I took the tube. Was obliged to exit the 'front' way, turn right into 7 Sis, and right again into Fonthill, but it was completely painless all the way, thank God. This was earlier than anticipated, cioe at 10.30ish. Thank God it's all over.
  • edited June 2013
    Today's discovery. The children's play area in the park turns out to the be the highest point in the local area.   Sound up there was great, view slightly restricted by trees.... and outside of the security fence.   Worth knowing for the next time there's a show in the park!
  • @marko - top of the climbing frame?
  • That's where we were as well, dancing my little feet off on the path at the corner of the park.
  • Is that the end of the infestation now?<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>
  • Yep, great sound in that part. Thanks to Annie's wandering about to find the best spot. Detritus definitely had lots of fun. Lovely atmosphere. <br><br>Checkski: you were lucky. I just brought my friend to Holloway Rd. stn and it was a large queue outside. Hope he's getting his train to Romford. <br>
  • The crowd was a tad fighty tonight.
  • On the way out, yes, I agree. <br><br>But during the gig, the crowd outside of the fence was peaceful. Some drunken idiots, yes, but all in all, quite laid back.<br>
  • Delighted that's all over - I was in Crouch End last night and could hear it from there! What a load of mucky pups Stone Roses fans are - that area of the park will stink of piss till the next heavy rain. <div><br></div><div>Am wondering if the council would listen if we request concerts? I would have loved to have Muse in the back garden, or Depeche Mode. I suspect we got SR because no other venue would have them!</div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Only a certain amount? Blimey, you've met me and not detected all of it?!! Muse vs. SR is a musical preference; I have no idea how messy or otherwise their fans would be. I do, on the other hand, live spitting distance from the Fullback; and in the 14 years I've lived here, have NEVER seen the level of mess that there's been around there over the last 2 days. If objecting to littering and people pissing in public makes me a snob, so be it! (Though I'm a snob about lots of other things too). I'd much rather a desperate fan knocked on my door and asked to use my loo than piss against my neighbour's wall - a visual treat I had yesterday. In broad daylight.<div><br></div><div>Massive kudos to the late night street cleaning crews & pub staff in the area who've done a hell of a job tidying up. Hope they all ask for pay rises!</div>
  • Outside our flats on the railings in Lorne Road were not one but TWO pairs of knickers . And we are not that close to the venue! Just goes to show... Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just make sure you pronounce it 'Bouquet'. I'm an equal-opportunity snob; if we get a load of classical music fans pissing & littering locally, I will complain about them too!
  • There were not enough loos and no bins.
  • <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">It wasn't the greatest plan to put a men's urinal at the top of a hill right enough - and people pissing against the fence rather than wait 2 mins to get to a urinal is sheer idiocy.  And queues for the ladies were crazy.  </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Arsenal fans used to piss in my front garden when I lived on St. Thomas' Road, and they fuck up the stations ever other weekend, but that's the price of living in central London - it's good there is at least some non-sporting entertainment in the area.  </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">More concerts in the park would be great.  </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">A mess for a few days is worth it, and it looks like a dump after any sunny weekend but the cleansing crew do a great job.   </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div>
  • I do understand both sides. When people piss enough in certain areas, it stinks. Like that little bit before the mini cab office at the end of SGR. I always hold my breath when I walk past. There's probably not much the council can do when people walk to the walk in case of an event (I'm pro more events, by the way), but in the park, I agree, they could have been loos. Even outside the fenced in concert area. They'd left the disabled loo open, which was in a surprisingly good state, but I queue for at least 15 min. And that's with only a few people around compared to the 40k inside the fenced up area. People who just wanted to visit the park and make use of it being open till late, had nowhere to go. So a few loos would have made a big difference. Plus some additional bins would probably help. <br>Littering is a general problem in London. I once went for a walk with my friend and some bloke finished of his kebab or whatnot, passed a bin and simply dropped his plastic dish to the floor as if it would be the most thing to do on earth. People stand next to bins and throw their rubbish on the floor. Really odd behaviour.<br>
  • Muse played Emirates recently didn't they? I see people throwing rubbish on the floor all the time and often reprimand them. I assume they are all backward or can't read English as bins are labelled clearly. Like spitting, it should carry an on the spot fine.
  • Urgh! I hate people spitting to the floor. It's disgusting. You cycle past them and if unlucky you'll get a load. <br><br>People who throw rubbish in the streets are just disrespectful and lazy. They've not been told by their parents to pick up whatever they've dropped and put it in the bin. Good manners don't cost a thing.<br>
  • Just to repeat the thanks to Patrick and the rest in the Fullback for doing a great job with clearing up around the pub. An awful lot of the crowd in the street brought their own beer so weren't actually pub customers, but the team did a great job clearing up both nights.
  • A favoured local pissing spot is against - and though the louvered doors of - the substation on Clifton Terrace.  More the pity that there aren't live parts immediately inside.<div><br></div><div>It has to be said, the clean-up where it happened was very good.  Sadly, a few streets back from the main roads also got plenty of it and to date hasn't been sanitised. </div>
  • Miss A, yes, Muse were at Emirates a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping to hear them from here, but sadly no. IIRC, we could hear Coldplay from there last summer, but it seems they enforced tighter volume controls this time.<div><br></div><div>@Stella - quite agree. Gave short shrift to a delivery man in Camden the other day who spat on the pavement. Utterly foul.</div><div><br></div><div>@marko - you're giving me ideas. Now, where can I find a generator and some stripped cables?</div>
  • vetski: I like your thinking. Particularly if there are pubs around. <br><br><br>
  • edited June 2013
    I had a ticket for last night, I enjoyed it a lot, especially Johnny Marr.<div>I did not see any aggro...everybody was in a kind of jovial "summer of love" mood...</div><div>Walked back home, which was nice!</div><div><br></div><div>@graeme - agree that the queues for the ladies were silly...</div><div><br></div><div>Before moving to the area I used to live in Kings Cross, near a pub called "Backpackers" (then the Cross, if I remember right), and the anti-social behaviour/pissing in the street was beyond the pale...</div><div><br></div><div>I have never been to any other event in FP (other than a May Day thing years and years ago) and I would have thought the Fleadh was bringing the same sort of issues?! Meaning that it's not just a SR fans issue.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • <p>Did not see a single bin inside the venue.  There were a couple of girls wandering around with bin bags at one point but that was it.  </p><p>Agree with Misscara re very few loos.  </p><p>We were in the middle of the crowd for The Stone Roses and there was quite a lot of pretty poor behaviour from people who were definitely old enough to know better.  There were times when it became really aggressive which was a shame.  Not to mention the bizarre need some people feel to throw their wee at others.  Reminds me of when monkeys throw poo at visitors in the zoo.  Three of us ladies in our 40s came over all school teachery at one point and shamed anyone we spotted weeing in a cup into pouring it carefully away without splashing anyone's feet.</p>
  • edited June 2013
    @ Siolae<div><br></div><div>Agree on the bins and the loos.</div><div><br></div><div>I was towards the back and did not see the aggro...where I was there were a couple of  people with kids.</div><div>Unfortunately a few tossers try to spoil it for everybody else...</div>
  • Mimsy - I used to go to some great clubs at the Cross Kings, have very fond memories of a time five of us were sat on the sofa outside dressed as different Doctors, disproving the Blinovitch Limitation Effect. Apologies if we were too noisy about it.<div><br></div><div>Park surprisingly non-bomb-site-y today, and my not-godson very much enjoyed watching all the JCBs, trucks &c dismantling the concentration camp.</div>