Osteria Tufo

edited July 2013 in Local discussion
New Italian on corner of Fonthill a d Lennox Lewis. Looks great

Comments

• I popped into <a href="https://www.facebook.com/OsteriaTufo">Osteria Tufo</a> today just because the woman was standing outside and I was walking past. She was super-friendly and even offered me a coffee while we chatted!<br><br>I've been pretty nervous for the future of Ariana's ever since the immediate disaster that was Sun and Moon, and I'd started to think it was going to become a betting shop or a Perfect Fried Chicken or something. So I was really relieved to hear that she and her husband had done their research, scoping out the competition in the area, and had something really excellent to offer.<br><br>They're open weekday evenings, and she said people were welcome to have a beer (they've got draught Peroni!) on the terrace out the front in the evening sunshine. Perfect!<br><br>What an exciting addition to the area...<br>
  • I agree, deserves to be a success. i hope and call upon all SGers to visit . Can't wait Chang
  • It looks great. We are going at the weekend.
  • Give us a full report. Chang
  • popped by this evening for drinks & tiramisu. highly recommended
  • Great food. Great melon flavoured lemonchello.  celeb spotting Maureen lipman in their twice!
  • I went in on Saturday - it was lovely! Think they are still finding their feet - the owner Paula (might have got her name wrong) came and introduced herself and said they were still getting everything sorted,and I have to admit the menu does include some pretty amazing spelling mistakes.  However, the wine was lovely, the pasta was delicious and the service was charming - I really hope they succeed!
  • This is interesting? Please urgently post reviews of this joint as I have a sat party to organise for extended family who live nearby and am strongly thinking of going here. Well if Maureen Lipman is always there it can't be bad. Tho she I think is very Jewish so I wonder if she really gets Italian grub? Let us know. Time is running out... Chang
  • Couple notes to make....<div>Firstly I know from a reliable source that they have done their homework, there menu is tight and they are really authentic. </div><div><br></div><div>Secondly, no matter how good a place is I think its a horrible image to have your staff outside the shop door smoking. Its just not on. So on that basis i'm turned of. Sun and Moon seemed to turn into a outdoor smoking shop. Why don't they just walk up 20 metres and smoke there. Simple.</div><div><br></div><div>I do wish them the best, but if you are going to let your staff smoke outside your establishment then make sure you at best you own a pub, Not a restaurant.</div><div><br></div><div>I am going to visit with my wife and I hope its as good as people say.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Er.....I will be accompanying a friend who happens to be Jewish to OT soon. I think she might have a thing or two to say about your remark about Jews not 'getting' Italian food. You can be provocative or you can be beyond provocative and verging on the offensive. It's not big and its not clever. Neither, I suspect, are you.
  • Boyfriend's mum is a Neapolitan jew. Wonder how that fits into Chang's antisemitism.<br>
  • I grew up with a lot of Jewish kids, the first time I ever had pasta was at one of their houses.
  • I'm Italian and love bagels with cream cheese and lox...
  • edited July 2013
    I don't get most of the food I eat.
  • I eat anything I get.
  • Alot of Jewish vets do not like Italian or Chinese food, maybe that ain't typical Chang
  • Massively exciting last night, not just Maureen Lipman again but also HARRY SHEARER was in the house<div><br></div><div>Food was good too. And the wine. </div><div><br></div><div>I think the presence of the Park Theatre is pulling in the thesps from the wider area.</div>
  • So  by not being on Osteria Tufo last night we passed up the chance to have dinner with Principal Skinner, Kent Brockman, Mr. Burns, Waylon Smithers, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Dr. Hibbert, Lenny Leonard and Dr. Marvin Monroe.<br><br>Tragic.<br>
  • Harry Shearer is co-starting with Maureen Lipman, no surprise that he was there but very exciting!
  • Just come home from this restaurant - absolutely fantastic food! Hope it does well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Went at Osteria Tufo last night! Brilliant! Such a lovely place! Went first to see skin tight at the park theatre- very good and emotional show!<div>And then for wine and really tasty mussels and king prawns! Paola who is running the place is very warm and welcoming! The place was full, Daytona cast was there too!</div><div>I am so glad we have a nice italian place in the area and a really good night out: theatre and good food! Will definitely go back to try more dishes!</div>
  • Well said krappyrubsnif<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 27px;"><br></span></font></div>
  • This is a great place and yes Paola is already a SG legend . Food great and reasonably priced. Everything cooked for each person (small kitchen, big chef) so it can take longer than places like Pappagone. Please support it, we need more places like this and less Dixies. Still waiting for decenct Chinese tho. Chang
  • Hello, have been absent from SG for and age but have been prompted to log on to voice my support for Tufo. Went this evening and am delighted they have made such a good job. Paula, the owner, told us that it is her partner in the kitchen and they are only doing dinner because the fridge is too small to enable them to do fresh lunch and dinners. Food was excellent, perfect service and they clearly have the measure of their target market. Viva Tufo.
  • I saw a huge fridge going their way at 10 am coming back from church (me not the fridge) so it mite now be open for lunch? Chang
  • Went 3 times this past week and each time loved it. Well done Paola and Simone - keep up the good work.