Pat's bike - nicked. HELP!!!

edited August 2013 in Local discussion
You will have prob seen the elderly Irishman Patrick cycling round on his smart bike wearing his flat cap. He had a hip replacement two years ago and cycling is important health wise as we as getting him out and about. He lives close to relatives in Tollington and their friends Joyce and Hassan know Pat and heard yesterday some bastard stole his bike. This is really wicked and I hope the cops get them and that he gets his bike back. Please keep an eye open. Chang

Comments

• Sorry to hear this. Do you know when & where it was stolen from? He lives about three doors down from me, and I see him regularly cycling past.
  • Is he the chap who is often in the gardens of St Mellitus?  <span style="font-size: 10pt;">Is it a folding bike? </span><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">If this is the chap, I hope he gets it back and if not, I for one would be up for chipping in for a new one.</span></div>
  • Yes I think it was a folding one - quite expensive model he got when out of hospital few years ago. He's very chatty , though now forgetful and yes I think there is a church connection. Not sure where he left it I will ask if I see him. Apparently his family are going to get him a second hand one, but this may not be as suitable. Just pisses me off that some yob took it. Chang
  • Andy mentioned chipping in for a new bike.<div><br></div><div>I'm no expert on bikes and have no idea if the quality would be any good but you can get a folding bike delivered from Asda direct for £180 - are there 18 people on here willing to chip in a tenner?   I don't know Pat, but go to St Mellitus sometimes and have seen him around. I'd gladly donate if we could get him a replacement and if someone that knows him was willing to collect the donations.</div>
  • We just gave away a folding bike that we got from Freecycle, it wasn't right for us. Both our bikes came from there, we'll look out for another. It might be ok as a temporary measure until he gets a new one.
  • Thank you. I will look out for his wife Teresa who is often down zlorne Road . Chang
  • I've often seen him and had a good look at the bike a few times. I actually thought it was an electric one, but I may be wrong.
  • <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial', 'sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">He owned an electric bike, which seemed to assist his cycling. It had a large battery pack on the back, and looked to be an expensive model. </SPAN></P>
  • Locating an electric bike suddenly up for sale on Ebay may not be that hard. A mate of mine had his guitar stolen in the Tottenham riots, saw it for sale a week later, called the Old Bill and the thief had his collar felt pdq. Stupid thief mind.
  • I saw him today with a second hand 1950s butchers bike which was on the heavy side. Not electric. Chang
  • The local car boots would be a good place to look for stolen bikes.
  • edited August 2013
    I will ask on free cycle, does the bike need any particular specifications?
  • I would chip in a tenner. He comes into my shop sometimes and hes very friendly, lovely guy. I dont know him personally but i could collect the money at my shop if people are willing to help. <br>
  • I would chip in a tenner too.  I've never spoken to him but he brightens my day every time I pass him wheeling his bike.    <br>
  • edited August 2013
    come on people thats four of us already.<br>
  • Um. Are we sure he'd want us to buy him a bike?
  • Met him an hour again. He was astonished that all this was happening and, I think, pleased. However he seems already to have bought himself a new one, a white jobbie, and not electric, as far as I know. So: as you were, peeps. (Peeps? Where did that come from? I've never said that before. Second childhood, or what?)
  • I said it in another thread. The correct spelling is pepys, of course.
  • It's the beginning of the end. It's just a matter of time till every word has been reduced to just one syllable...