MoreFit's poor customer service

Has anyone else experienced terrible customer service and bad attitudes at MoreFit?<br><br>I had a great first free session at MoreFit but struggled to contact the personal trainer since. Eventually I contacted the owner. His response was to say that the PT didn't think I would be able to do any 'extra curricular' training so he thought it was fair enough that he'd ignored me! I am a working Mum with little free-time, perhaps I wasn't young or fit enough for the MoreFit trainers? Not the customer service I was expecting.<br><br><br>

Comments

• I tried to go to the Sunday morning yoga twice earlier in the year, but both times the teacher hadn't shown up fifteen minutes after the class was supposed to start so haven't bothered again. However, a friend has been to their FreeFit sessions in the park and says they are very good.
  • Perhaps I'll try that. I am certainly not paying for their services. The owners last reply to me suggested that I go to Premier Training next door who would 'welcome me with open arms as the personal trainers only qualify after 6 weeks distance learning'! I'm not sure what he was trying to say. I truly think I wasn't young or blonde enough for them to bother with me.
  • If you don't have much free time you might find it tricky to get a personal trainer to fit you in. The good ones at places like Virgin, Fitness First etc. will do early mornings but aren't keen in evenings in my experience. They also have regulars booked in months in advance. I had a personal trainer for two years and his diary was closed for new people for pretty much the whole time, and he would only take people who had been using the gym for six months. My sister worked as a PT out in the Essex countryside and it's the same there. Try the big gyms, Virgin in Crouch End is popular, or FF at Green Lanes. They will find you someone. Cost for twice a week is about £250 per month now depending on who you get. I am neither young not blonde by the way.
  • Catherine We spoke before you came in for a free session via email and we told you about the prices. We delivered a fantastic free session as we always do and you walked away saying the price was too much even though you knew the price. You then came back to our trainer trying to bring the price down, and trying to get 2 people to train for the same price. We don't negotiate on price. This is why we said go premier. They are cheaper as they are 6 week graduates who are starting up. You've come to us regarding a specific goal and we basically came to the dicision that you weren't willing to help yourself. So therefore we couldn't take you on. We can only help people who help themselves. So on that point alone we can't help you. Our trainer you were liasing with didn't get the emails you were sending him, when we spoke about you we came to the same decision. We're in the business of results and that's why thrive. We do 100 sessions a week. We do Freefit which you're welcome to attend every Saturday. FREE exercise for the community. We do this as we are a community based company. Have 4 yoga classes on Sundays that are growning in popularity. Things are going so well that we're signing on our third space is St Paul's. That should be signed next week. We see sorry you weren't the right fit for MoreFit.
  • @Miss Annie Sorry you missed our yoga classes or should I say we missed you. In our experience we found it very hard to find reliable teachers. We're recently joined up with a new teacher Nicole Slavin who is doing 3 amazing varied yoga classes. She's become very popular even only after 3 weeks. We'd like to invite you down for a couple free sessions on a Sunday. Please text me on 07956365077 when you know which Sunday you'll like to come down on and we'll arrange it for you. Let us know which class you'd like too. Shamir@morefit Sorry about that
  • <p>Saw the thread and just wanted to say have been using MoreFit for over a year and never had any problems. </p><p>After my initial free session I signed up for regular PT sessions and have been going ever since. The trainers are all really experienced, very flexible to my work schedule, and when my normal trainer on hols one of his colleagues covers.</p><p>Customer service there has been great, and although 1 to 1 Personal Training more expensive than just signing up for a gym, for me I get far more out of it. I haven't been to their Freefit sessions in the Park on Saturdays but I hear they have been popular. </p>
  • I have to add that I have had a very similar experience as @Marlo. I have been going weekly for 16 months and have found the service to be excellent. I see Anita there, and my level of fitness when I started was - 0 following the birth of my son and various health difficulties. I am not blonde or young and could not have been less fit when I started but have been treated with nothing but respect, support and professionalism. I am now much fitter, stronger and happier since starting training there. As someone who hates sport, and " fitness" it  is quite an achievement that my trainer has kept me going this long and got me to these results. Im really sorry  to hear that @cathamphire has had such a different experience.
  • <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:Pages>1</o:Pages> <o:Words>93</o:Words> <o:Characters>535</o:Characters> <o:Lines>4</o:Lines> <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>657</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>11.768</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotShowRevisions/> <w:DoNotPrintRevisions/> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:UseMarginsForDrawingGridOrigin/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!--StartFragment--> <p class="MsoNormal">I’ve been going to Morefit for nearly two years, seeing Anita and Shamir.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I’ve always found them flexible and respectful.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>I’m often changing my times around, and they just work round it.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </span><span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I’m in my late forties, so not young,<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>If I’m fit, it’s only because they’ve made me.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">    </span>There’s a complete mixture of people who go there.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>I don’t think Morefit would remain in business very long if they had a certain type of preferred client.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>They really aren’t about that anyway, quite the opposite.   I've never found them that judgemental, they just work with you on your goals at what ever point you're at.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">Shame @cathamphire had a poor experience there.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">   </span>Still, plenty of other personal training studios to choose from.</p> <!--EndFragment-->
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That was the cheap Fitness First option and I was richer then. I hate the gym and needed a big kick up the bum - it worked. My proportions are not those of a runner, I have taken to cycling though.
  • Shamir, thank you, that is more than kind. I would love to come next Sunday (1st), and I'll give you a call. Thanks again.
  • @ Miss Annie Give us a text with your name and the class you'd like to come to and I'll book you in. We have 3 advertised on the website. @miscara yes PT is a premium product indeed. Although the free gym in the park isn't the answer. It's not about gym memberships or free gyms or fancy equipment, it's about how you train. It's about the intensity, the progressions, the rest and nutrition. The free gym is a waste of space unless you train on it properly. Running is ok but ones body doesn't like long distances so short sharp runs are best. Freefit is designed to get the most out of you in an hour. Come check it out. It's free too, like the outdoor gym.
  • @Miss Annie, I am glad to see my complaining has benefited someone ;0)!<br><br>Shamir at MoreFit has never spoken to me personally and has wrongly and rudely assumed I wouldn't 'help myself'.<br><br>I am sure I'll find someone who is willing to help me in my mission to get fit!<br>
  • @cathampshire: ok ... so both sides have had their say ... we get the picture ... we have enough to make up our own minds ... seems to me like a 'hurt-pride-causing-minor-ripples-in-tea-cup' grizzle ... time to let go and move on ... perhaps?
  • I go twice a week and pretty good service for the price. Chang
  • edited August 2013
    @ChangN4N6<;div><br></div><div>Wondering when you were going to pipe up. </div><div>You enjoying this amazing thread?</div><div><br></div>
  • It's all too easy to come onto social media sites like this moaning and groaning without making a real effort to resolve the situation and never asking yourself if what has happened deserves potentially tarnishing a good name in public. <div><br></div><div>We all say on this board how much we want to encourage local independent businesses, yet in this instance have publicly denounced one when we encounter issues. They don't have the resources that a Virgin Active have.</div><div><br></div><div>Morefit have engaged with the community from the off and have run a free fitness class for the last couple of years, surely they deserve some slack?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • @N2n4 I couldn't agree more. I went to More Fit regularly for a year or so. Joint sessions with my wife. She still goes but I decided that it was easier to join a gym near my work so I could exercise more often. Had a great time there and found everyone really helpful and flexible. Too easy for people to pipe up and highlight negative opinion but thankfully Shamir has been able to communicate his side of the story. Keep up the good work More Fit!
  • @N4N2 Youre right, its really easy to come on here and moan. We're not too worried by one disgruntled persons attitude to being turned away from us, although probably could do without it. Even though we are are trying to help people we can't help people who have bad attitudes and try take advantage of our business. If you want to flip it the other way round you could easily see why she was turned away from Morefit - - slow in not getting back to us after her original email query took about 10 days. We had to do a follow up call. - Flags were raised for being surprised about our pricing structure knowing full well having recieved a price list email from us , after we delivered as she put it "a great first free session'. She left Morefit not interested after hearing the price from the trainer. This is when I knew something was up. I retreaved a copy of the the pricing email and sent it to the trainer who delivered the free session to prove to him she was well aware of the pricing and it was all a show. Neither of us were impressed at this point. - disrespectful for then a week later or so trying to contacting us and bringing the price down belittling the quality of our product. - unrealistic for what she wanted to achieve with the amount of training she was willing to put in. Again a serious issue. A very serious issue. We aren't miracle workers and if you're too busy for us and you have unrealistic goals we can't help you. Brand integrity is important to us. We not just about taking in the money. - and again for trying to get 2 people to train together for the same price. Even though we never met this person and didn't know their goals, expectations etc. She just thought we could just add this person in. That was one of the most negative parts. It's not a one training phase fits all and she thinks she can just add this person. We didn't even get that far but we wouldn't be surprised if she tried getting a free session for her friend too. - then after we said she can't train with us she vindictively says 'I'll take my business elsewhere, I was gonna buy 12 sessions' Like we missed out. We didn't miss out. - then posting on here like she's the victim. So its easy to see that this client wasnt optimal for us. We rarly encounter such people. You can see its easy to come on here and critise and air all your laundry. But it's easy to do it both ways. Is it right to do it the other way round? Should we just shut up and take it? As said, we are a very experience community focussed health and fitness business. Even though we try and help everyone there are some that are just not right. She isnt the first and won't be the last. If she wants to play the victim then fine. I see the last thread she started was also her as the victim. In fact the only 2 times she's started threads on SG is her as the victim. I hope this time this is far less serious and if she is greatly offended then we can as we've already done is apologise. Where's the positivity? SG.org doesn't have to be about negativity. Why isn't there anything positive worth saying? We've already offered to find her another trainer and offered for her to come to FREEfit. (Positivity) I don't think there is anything that negative here. I actually think its been a fairly positive, maybe we'll have more people reading our posts now and coming Freefit, yoga and PTing. You can see above we will sort @miss Annie's poor yoga experience out and she knows people who speak highly of Freefit. Sometimes you get a person or couple people that get annoyed. We too get annoyed. We too are an entity and have a voice. You can see from our clients above that we are held in high esteem. But we're not perfect, we make mistakes. We are a company that is run buy people to work with people. People are not perfect. Managing 5 trainers is quite difficult. Finding the right trainer is just as hard. So having a highly respected business is important to us and delivering 100 sessions a week and running Freefit for over 100 weekends straight is evidence of the quality we have achieved and reliability of our trainers. People rely on us to keep them fit in both PT , and Freefit. We are the backbone of many people's lives. This is what keeps us happy this is why we are so successful. @N4n2 You enquired about the promo and whether it's available on the weekends and I said no. For you we'll extend it to the weekend. Just purchases it through the website using paypal and we'll book you straight in. Just DM us with your name so we know who you are. Thanks to you N4N2 for sticking up for us and thanks to all our clients who have put in a good word for us too. Shamir @ Morefit
  • edited August 2013
    Shamir<br><br>Just to say, I confess I have found your regular promotion of Morefit here faintly tiresome in the past, but I'm seriously impressed with how you have turned this thread around.  To the point where it's become an excellent advert for your services.<br><br>Now, may I have 12 discounted personal training sessions, and may I bring a friend?<br>
  • edited August 2013
    @Arkady Haha, Excellent, yes and yes. Start Today at 11am? Don't let us down now. :)
  • Shamir well said mate. Keep up the good work . Chang
  • edited August 2013
    @changN4N6 Thanks a lot. See you in the studio later. You've been slacking recently. We're gonna work you harder than ever before. Maybe a 10km fast run today. :)
  • Alos Shamir, are you able to confirm that Chang is a real person?<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2013
    Was just kidding. We don't know who he is.
  • Thought as much.<br>
  • <p>I've been going to Morefit for 2 years now, had two trainers after the first one moved back to Oz. </p><p>It's not really a "Customer Service" kind of place, far, far more informal and friendly than that and, as the comments in this thread suggest, much more about an individual relationship with your trainer. Overall I find them flexible, reliable and most of all very effective.</p><p>DO NOT go near Shamir when he's got vodka though. Definitely not good for your health.</p>
  • Sad the yoga has stopped, very relaxing. Any other places? Chang
  • Hana and Aya Saotome are offering yoga classes in Finsbury Park, they're great: <br>http://www.mindfulmovements.co.uk/classes-in-the-park.html<br>;