Cuts in police officers and burglaries

edited October 2013 in Local discussion
Hi, <div><br></div><div>I'm interviewing one of the Islington police chiefs about cuts to frontline police offers and the impact that has on the frequency of burglaries in the borough. I'm just trying to see what people think about the cuts - whether or not you see any obvious advantages or disadvantages, do you feel at greater threat of burglary and what are your experiences of crime in the area?</div><div><br></div><div>In short - what do you think about cuts to police officer numbers, and do you think that enough is being done to tackle the shortfall?</div><div><br></div><div>Any views would be much appreciated.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div><br></div><div>Tom</div>

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • My car got stolen today. I dialled 101 and 2 police officers were round my flat in 10 mins! They were sympathetic and very professional. They called and e mailed me after 4 hours to let me know my crime number. I was very impressed with the service. <div><br></div><div>My only other interaction with police is at protests where they can be sometimes very aggressive.They get a bad press like Ian Tomlinson, Mark Duggan etc. Overall they preform a very difficult job and lots of them do their job very well and we should be proud of them. </div><div><br></div><div>The cuts Tom are affecting all our public services. Police, hospitals, schools fire etc. While some members of society are laughing all the way to the bank - the rest of us will suffer. I am a Doctor in a hospital and some parts of the NHS are on its knees. Especially A&E departments</div><div><br></div><div>I never see Coppers on the street. On Birnam Road we have had one burglary this year and now my car nicked. Would be interesting to see crime stats in relation to cuts</div>
  • Tom why don't you come to our social ( see separate posting). it would be good to meet you and you can see what really matters to us Stroud Green Folk
  • Thanks for these responses.<div><br></div><div>Sutent - sorry to hear that. Would you mind emailing me tomeppayne@gmail.com? Just got a few questions. </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks. </div>