Man with a van needed

edited October 2013 in Local discussion
Moving from Finsbury Park to Highbury and need someone with a large van that can help me move. Probably a job for 2 men.  Moving date is planned for either Friday 1st November or Saturday, 2nd November.<div><br></div><div>Please drop me a line if you know anyone that might be interested.</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Mover Dave 07792733491 and Mover Steve 07971373703</span><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Used them three times now.  Wouldn't consider anyone else - in fact, I'd plan my move around their availability.</span></div>
  • @gardener-joe - yes indeed, moving from a very crammed 2 bed flat and as it doesn't seem I'll be able to sell all my furniture in the next two weeks, will have to take it all with me.<div><br></div><div>@quince Thank you very much for there numbers - I will definitely be calling them.  </div><div><br></div><div>If anyone has any cardboard boxes going spare, please let me know and I will pick up.</div><div><br></div><div>Cheers.</div>
  • @cristo, have a look at Harringay Online for boxes - box-chucker-outers often post there.
  • Thanks for the tip Vetski
  • Moved with Steve and Dave, not one complaint. Made it easy, only pity is they can't get me to Wales!
  • Also, do check Freecycle. I hadn't realised that supermarkets stopped stocking cardboard boxes (dear old health & safety); if you don't see any listed, ask for some and you'll be inundated.
  • edited October 2013
    Waterstones don't have any cardboard boxes any more. Nothing to do with health & safety, just reduces waste and cost. The deliveries come in big plastic crates, the empties are collected each day. Gower St are still using the crates with Dillon's logos on - Pre 1995! Supermarkets have plastic crates too but use cardboard for loose fruit and veg as you can't protect it well in a big box, but they are the shallow tray type. The 99p shops usually have loads of boxes going spare and you can often get them (along with as many coathangers as you can carry, free from the dress shops in Fonthill Rd, but not at the weekend.
  • In Tesco I was told they don't give away boxes because they recycle all their cardboard. Which doesn't really make that much sense as reuse is better than recycling. Off licences are quite good for boxes. People always seem to have boxes on Freecycle. If you've got a car or live in Wood Green, there are two big recycling bins at the Chocolate Factory on Clarendon Road which are often filled with cardboard boxes that can be swiped.
  • If you're stuck, any self-storage place will flog you boxes in a range of sizes, plus all the attendant clobber (sticky tape, clingy wrap...).
  • @cristo, a friend of mine moved to Green Lanes over the weekend and has boxes to get rid of - her recycling day is tomorrow (Tuesday), though, so she'd like to know asap if you'd like them!
  • Hi Vetsk, yes please - hope not too late?
  • Hope not! I've just messaged her - I was out this evening - so I hope she'll pick it up before she puts the boxes out in the morning!
  • @cristo, she does stil have the boxes. PM'ing you her mobile no. now.
  • @cristo, I happened to acquire some boxes today which you're welcome to - PM me to arrange handover!
  • edited October 2013
    Hello Vetski, thank you! Just need to ask my friend with a car if she can help me.
  • @cristo, any luck with your friend? I now have my friend's boxes as well, and would love to get them all out of the house!
  • a friend was telling me about anyvan.com last night.
  • I used Anyvan.com to move some chairs I bought on Ebay from Essex to here  and I had a very good experience.