[...]

Comments

• I had a visit from these people the night before last - at least I assume they were the same, though one was black and the other one looked South Asian as far as I remember. Very friendly and positive, waved an ID pass at me which said Sales Consultant but didn't give a company name. I said that as their underlying business was clearly to sell no thanks, and said goodbye despite their assuring me that they were interested in offering a service to people who were security-conscious but couldn't afford devices. I assumed they were just pushy salespeople, it didn't occur to me they might be checking me out for future burglaries! But as they were clearly not the same as your two maybe there is a dodgy firm rather than a criminal enterprise behind it.
  • I had this yesterday too, on two separate occasions - first was a young woman, the other time was a man (both in late teens/twenties I'd guess - didn't actually open the door). They said the name of their company but can't remember it now.
  • It's ADT. I had them the other day and contacted the company. The below is from their reply e-mail. I still wouldn't dream of letting them in, though.<div><br></div><div><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 14.44444465637207px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">I can assure you that if they had a hi viz and an ID badge with ADT on it the will be working indirectly for ADT.  We have 3</span><sup style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">rd</sup><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 14.44444465637207px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> party agents who work knocking on people’s doors selling our product.</span></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brilliant. Might need to think a bit about their business model ...
  • We have a shared entrance with two other flats. We're friendly enough to take packages etc for each other. A couple of times I've had people knocking and say they are looking for someone upstairs. They will offer a description and a name: 'Sally, blonde girl about 30' which is completely out (there's one girl and she ain't blonde though she might be called Sally). They will then ask if they can go upstairs 'just to knock.' Never been pushy when I've said no. Thought about calling the police but in my previous three experiences with them I've been told 'no further action' due to lack of evidence!
  • I had a friend who did a similar job but I'm pretty sure his company sent him to arranged appointments and not cold calling. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2013
    They did Lorne Rd. we got them in cos security is an issue - it's quite a crime zone. For a laugh we locked them in the toilet for 2 hours and to be honest I was not impressed . They were not very good at security and escape strategies. In fact the womsn got quite shirty. But as you say middleclass and students so we felt it was nothing to worry about. Best security is a dog - my mutt Rooney is ace at biting intruders - he went straight for the crotch of the male security advisor and snapped the wedges of Dawn the grumpy woman. Chang