Little Sardignia

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
Best Italian in N4 - Discuss. Granted Osteria Tufo pushes it damn close and Oaulas hospitality cannot be beat but the food at this place is ridiculously good. Best pasta I've eaten outside of Italy bar none.

Comments

• We really like it there too. The pumkpkin ravioli/tortellone is my favourite.
  • Where is it Chunky?
  • On Blackstock just at the base of the hill. Strongly recommend checking it out Mabs.
  • Ahh yes I went there around xmas. I really liked the pasta. IT was a very big restaurant
  • Hmmmmm, you sure we be talking about the same place Sutent? This place was a pretty small intimate set up.
  • You guys are talking at cross purposes.<br><br>Little Sardegna is on Blackstock Road.  I've never been there myself, but Chunky says it's the best pasta this side of the Alps so now that my days of low carb self-flagellation are over, I shall be going to try it.<br><br>Osteria Tufo is on Fonthill Road and La Vetski is singing the praises of Paula's pumpkin ravioli - I think. Yes?<br><br>Not sure where Sutent went, but it sounds like Blackstock Road.<br><br>I am still rooting for Il Piccolo Diavolo, for best combination of home made food, atmosphere at weekends and genial host.  But spoiled for choice!<br>
  • No, Little Sardegna's pumpkin ravioli (though last time I had it, in Feb, they'd renamed it tortellone), with nduja sauce & crispy sage. I suspect @Sutent might have been to Il Bacio, which is on the far corner of the same block as Little S...
  • @Vetski you are correct.I went to il bacio. It was lovely there. <div><br></div>
  • Vetski, that is the exact dish I had for main last night. Was as I say the best pasta dish I've eaten outside of Italy.
  • I haven't been to Piccolo Diavolo yet, but now I've seen this description from their website I will. ''...prepared with most respect of the ingridients,  with a hint of a wise fantasy. Our specials are always fresh and inventive!' I'm expecting unicorn hooves with a phoenix feather garnish, if a restaurant promises fantasy I want it with bells on.
  • edited December 2017
  • V.g. pasta - but £14.00 for a (generous) bowl of the stuff seems a bit steep. And the prices in the restaurant seemed to be rather more than on their website.
  • Little Sardegna is high up on my list of restaurants I want to visit. If only to have the deep-fried raviolo with ricotta and honey pudding. Had it in Sardinia and it's awesome.
  • @Idoru, my husband fell in love with those in Sardinia too, and won't leave Little Sardegna without having one - even at the risk of a 'wafer-thin mint'-style situation!