V festival

edited March 2014 in Local discussion
Has anyone been to V festival? I have never been and thought I might get a day ticket as V media customers are getting first rights on buying tickets<div><br></div><div>I going to some other festivals already but if lineup not good I might not go</div>

Comments

• Debbie Harry in Chelmsford. Think I have to go now
  • My sister used to go, it was virtually in her garden so she got free residents tickets. She enjoyed it, said it was well organised (and could nip home for the loo). Glastonbury do a few free tickets for neighbours too, my ex sister in law was in Shepton Mallet and she always got two. Wireless don't seem to be offering anything.
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • £100 for day ticket - not worth it even for Debbie Harry!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Misscara: don't feel miserable. Be glad you were still a teenager in the 90s. <br>
  • @Misscara - but not as old as Debbie, she's 68. <div><br><div>In the 80s and early 90s, the car parks on 6th Avenue in Chelsea would become well trodden flea markets on the week-ends. They are long gone now, replaced by high rise blocks of flats (but let's not get started on that yet again), anyway one weekend, while I was perusing the goods. I went to pick some piece of tat or another, and <span style="font-size: 10pt;">felt a presence loom behind me. </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">The market was, as usual, crowded and it was getting quite pushy. After receiving a hard push and a stomp on my foot, I turned around to give it back to whoever it was trying to muscle in and as I was about to bellow, I stopped and squeaked because it turned out to be Debbie Harry.</span></div></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">She just sneered at me, no apology, which was f-ing fantastic because it's not very day that a person gets manhandled at the Chelsea flea markets by Debbie Harry.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">In the 90s, she often performed at a club I went to a lot called Squeezebox, she was really super and would hang out with fans after her set. </span></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Has Chelsea Flea really gone @JoeV? That was a bloody great market, I bought a 3ft tall Wizard of Oz picture book there, never ever seen another like it.
  • @missannie - yes eons ago. 6th Avenue was re-zoned between 23-34 streets and high-rise apartment buildings were put up along that stretch. I was sorry to see the flea markets go, I bought some great tat there over the years but to be honest, having mostly car parks front a major avenue didn't make much sense (though the buildings that went up are really boring to look at). 
  • V is towie in a field. Normally quite good line ups but you have to have super human tolerance levels to cope with daft people in trilby's, wellies and knock off ray bans. Everyone's harmless just massively annoying. I went when radiohead played, halfway through their set everyone decided it was boring and went to watch kasabian. It was fairly empty by the end. Thought that summed up the crowd.