SG Cycling Club

123457»

Comments

• Doesn't matter if you cycle many miles or not, as long as you enjoy it and even cycle 10 to 20 minutes a day it'll help you get healthier and improve your mood. :-)<br><br>I thought I was all right fitness-wise, until I went on that ride with Sutent. Taught me that years of daily cycling doesn't make you fit. Since I've started those 2 to 3 hour-rides, powering through, I've noticed a change in fitness. Hills are at least not a 'no no' anymore; in fact, I love the challenge. And generally I have more stamina. Provided that I had a good meal before going on a ride. Protein mainly. <br>
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <font><font class=""> Thanks Misscara, Mr T did it tonight thankfully. I managed to drill through my own thumb a few yrs ago, since then hes quick to act if he thinks there is a danger of me going near certain power tools !</font></font><div><font><font class=""><br></font></font></div><div><font><font class="">What kind of puppets is A making, sounds very interesting ?</font></font></div>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2014
    That sounds really impressive, especially the mechanical head. love wooden puppets and old wooden toys, does he sell them ?
  • Any pics of said puppets?
  • I can see  a lot of advantages for sticking with little wooden children or pets. I get a lot of inspiration from pinterest for costumes and characters, <div><br></div><div>Glad for another fine cycling day now my bike is usable.</div>
  • Enjoy the ride, Toddlesocks. I'll be out and about to Leyton today.<br>
  • Gorgeous weather today and apparently it's going to be even nicer at the weekend! My plan is to cycle to Victoria Park on Sunday and find a nice place to stop for lunch and then cycle back.
  • Funny you should say that as I had to change my plans today and went to Borough Market instead, then stopped at Vicky Park on my way back for a latte and lemon drizzle. <br>
  • We hardly ever go over that way, but were looking at a place to live last weekend near Victoria Park and found a little oasis of nice shops right near the Park. There's Ginger Pig, a toy shop and a proper deli with a tea and cake place next door. The deli is exactly how I imagine a good deli should be and worth a visit! http://hackneycitizen.co.uk/2011/10/08/theo-fraser-steele-interview-deli-downstairs-victoria-park/
  • Vicky Park would be an alternative for me. My friends have a cottage there, directly at the canal and the park literally in their back garden. Amazing location. The only thing I'd miss is 'just popping to the shop downstairs'. And SG, of course. There's a reason for my being so upset about my neighbours and landlord: I love this area dearly. Went to look at flats in Leyton, but I just can't warm to the idea.<br>
  • edited March 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for that miss annie - if it's as warm as it's meant to be on Sunday a picnic could be in order
  • Their names start with A and C, Misscara. <br><br>Not a big fan of cycling along the canal, I'm afraid. I prefer the roads.<br>
  • Lovely ride today. Along the River Lee through Walthamstow Marshes and Hackney Marshes and then Hertford Union Canal to Victoria Park. Pub lunch and then home.
  • It was really lovely today. Went for a 3-hour ride first to Battersea (wanted to go to Richmond Park, but after Battersea the roads were totally blocked by cars), then back into the city, over to Camden to do two rounds and then back home. Effectively cycled 2.5 hours as I got lost a few times. Really gets on my nerves. The roads were terribly busy today, too. Guess now the weather's getting better I'll try to go somewhere else. <br>
  • Oh no all the fairweather cyclists will be back on their bikes holding me up on hills!
  • So inspired by Misscara's suggestion to head north for a change, I cycled to Highgate today. Really lovely ride. Google Maps took me via Alexandra Park. Lots of hills though - I had to get off and walk at times. Coming back was great! High speed of 30mph!<div><br></div><div>I took a photo of my lunch spot and it can be seen at the top of this forum. Sorry - I know Highgate isn't really Stroud Green, but I wanted to share.</div>
  • Wonderful weather at the moment. I was out and about on Friday and got a slight sunburn in my tank top and shorts. <br><br>Your spot looks inviting. I think I may follow your example and go north tomorrow. Will be out to Richmond Park next week. After five failed attempts to find that bloody place, I found someone who's been there a few times and will 'guide' me. Yay!<br>
  • <span style="font-family: Arial;">Hi everyone! New to the area... I was recently donated a bike but I have no idea how to ride it! If anyone is willing to have a laugh trying to teach a 32 year old lady how to do just that, I could repay you with... a bathroom design? baked goods? my infinite gratitude?</span>
  • Hi kohlcass, welcome to the neighbourhood! I'm a fellow 32 year old lady that knows how to ride a bike, but I have to admit I have no idea whatsoever how to teach someone. Happy to try, though, if you can't find someone who's been through it before.
  • Which borough are you in?  If you're in Haringey you can get two free one-on-one lessons, funded by the council.  They were really helpful for me (although I wasn't learning to ride, it was more getting used to riding on the roads) <a href="http://www.cyclinginstructor.com/booking_form_for_individuals">http://www.cyclinginstructor.com/booking_form_for_individuals</a> ;