Stroud Green - Planning Applications

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Ali, What was it like before?
  • The White Lion was quite nice before the refurbishment which happened about 2000.  Lots of dark wood in the interior. Quite cosy.  As someone commented to me about the time of its refurbishment  'It's like like sterile airport bar now'.   
  • HGY/2013/2652<br><b>4 Granville Road N4 4EL</b><br>Enlarging existing second floor with loft conversion with one additional front roof light, new front hard standing for off street parking (Householder Application)<br><b>Date Registered: 31/12/2013</b><br> <br>HGY/2014/0027<br><b>7 Cornwall Road N4 4PH</b><br>Erection of a single storey side extension<br><b>Date Registered: 08/01/2014</b><br> <br>HGY/2014/0031<br><b>Flat 2, Connaught Lodge Connaught Road N4 4NR</b><br>Installation of new window on front elevation and erection of rear extension into terrace to align with rear elevation of building.<br><b>Date Registered: 08/01/2014</b><br> <br>HGY/2014/0059<br><b>Ground Floor Flat 83 Upper Tollington Park N4 4LP</b><br>Single storey rear/side extension and internal alterations to ground floor flat<br><b>Date Registered: 13/01/2014</b>
  • edited January 2014
    Its understandable the need for parking lead  some to turn the front garden into a car park.. Be good to see   effort  and  consideration made to still include borders/ few planters for wildlife in these conversions . <div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></div>
  • As I understand it, such conversions are contrary to Haringey policy unless you are disabled.
  • edited January 2014
    Interesting, didn't know that if the case. If a disabled person moves out is there anything in place that says the garden has to be returned to one ?
  • Are they totally ruled out or is it just hard surfaces (concrete or tarmac). The main issue besides aesthetics is rain water drainage, one of the big influencing factors in the increase in floods of recent years.<div><br></div>
  • Next door to me didn't pass for off street parking as it took away a disabled parking space from previous dweller and had several objections. For me, I do not want fumes any closer to our front bedroom window than we have to and my kids coming out of our house on daily route to and from school with the hazard of cars moving about.
  • edited March 2014
    <b>HGY/2014/0488</b><br>131 Stapleton Hall Road N4 4RB<br>Erection of a loft extension to flat<br>Date Registered: 24/02/2014<br> <br><b>HGY/2014/0509</b><br>10 Mount Pleasant Villas N4 4HD<br>erection of single storey extension at the rear and reinstatement of first floor rear wall and sash window of existing property (householder application)<br>25/02/2014<br> <br><b>HGY/2014/0522</b><br>180 Stroud Green Road N4 3RS<br>conversion of second and third floors to 2x one bed self contained flats<br>Date Registered: 26/02/2014<br> <br><b>HGY/2014/0534</b><br>Flat C 41 Victoria Road N4 3SJ<br>Minor alterations to the existing rear elevation to create a small area of amenity space, replacement of an existing window with patio doors, installation of opaque glass to the rear and side of existing parapet at rear,at 2nd floor level.<br>Date Registered: 28/02/2014
  • <b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">HGY/2014/0551</b><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Upper Flat 180 Stapleton Hall Road N4 4QL</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Erection of rear extension at upper ground floor level (householder application)</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Date Registered: 03/03/2014</font><br><br><b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">HGY/2014/0609</b><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Flat A 21 Albert Road N4 3RR</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Erection of a single storey rear extension with decking to ground floor flat including obscure-glazed roof lights to rear (amended description)</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Date Registered: 06/03/2014</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You may be interested to see that the old derelict hotel on Isledon road (next door to the colourful new student accommodation block) now has planning permission (P2013/4582/FUL) for replacement with a new Travelodge. I’m not overwhelmed by it, but I think mediates between the new building and the old terrace rather well. Some good pictures here: </font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://planning.islington.gov.uk/NorthgatePublicDocs/00298233.pdf</font></div>;
  • No! The opposite side of the new student building. The Robey is locally listed. Islington were, at the end of last year, planning to do a compulsory purchase on it if the developers didn’t pull their finger out.
  • I think it does look quite nice actually. Should really be a lot taller though!<br>
  • Yeah that's a good point. It will make a good budget location for visiting London and also do well from the Ally Pally, Emirates and soon to be Finsbury Park event market.<br><br>I wouldn't be surprised if we see more hotels proposed in the coming years.<br>
  • <P>Did Premier Inn not do a press relese back in Oct 2010 about having a hotel in the Citty North Developmnet</P>
  • Has that big new grey building going up by the station opposite park theatre got planning permission?
  • edited December 2017
  • Well you fell for that g-j.
  • edited March 2014
    <b>HGY/2014/0666</b><br>Ground Floor Flat 24 Victoria Road N4 3SQ<br>Erection of single storey side infill and rear extension<br>Date Registered: 11/03/2014<br><br><b>HGY/2014/0668</b><br>119 Upper Tollington Park N4 4ND<br>Replacement of 3 rear windows with new wooden double glazed sash windows, replacement of front door with <br>new, and construction of new front wall with metal gates<br>Date Registered: 11/03/2014<br><br><b>HGY/2014/0681</b><br>162 Stroud Green Road N4 3RS<br>Renovation of existing ground floor 1 bed flat and studio at the rear into 2 x 1 bed flats<br>Date Registered: 11/03/2014<br><br><b>HGY/2014/0697</b><br>92 Stapleton Hall Road N4 4QA<br>Erection of 2 storey four bedroom house with basement<br>Date Registered: 12/03/2014<br><b><br>HGY/2014/0728</b><br>86 Oakfield Road N4 4LB<br>Demolition of existing rear ground floor extension and creation of new single-storey rear extension to ground floor Date Registered: 14/03/2014<br><br>That one on Stapleton Hall Road is pretty brave! I’m not sure I have ever heard of a ‘domestic car turntable’ before.<br><br>Ben (the artist formerly known as Arkady)<br>
  • Ha ha Arkady -  good self promotion changing your name. 
  • Maybe.  It's no less ridiculous than the last one, but has the advantage of being on the ballot paper ;-)
  • I've seen/heard of car turntables in the US.<br><br>The Stapleton Hall Rd house is interesting, nice design! Not very in-keeping with the surrounding houses though....<br>
  • No, it's not very in-keeping.  But it's hidden from the road, which detracts somewhat from my concerns.  What do other people think?
  • There is a car turntable on shepherds hill as you head towards high gate on the left if you want to see a real one
  • I'm liking the SHR plan. It looks fairly bog standard modern design but with a few nice touches. I like the turntable idea. Certainly a lot better than the new ones on the corner.<div><br></div>
  • Yeah, I don't see an issue with it!<br>
  • Its a shame he can't be elected as Arkady as more people know him under that name and he has more chance of getting crosses on the ballot paper