Stroud Green - Planning Applications

Comments

• Proper Pseud's Corner BS.  It identifies a stack of aesthetic problems, in the most flowery and obscurantist language, then proposes a solution that does nothing to remedy those problems.
  • <P>The site used to be  a National Petrol Station.</P> <P>Geteting rid of the old tanks and associted polution must be costly and maybe prohibative to any developmnet on the site</P>
  • Wow that planning application is the most nonsensical thing I have read for ages on this site. Hmmm maybe not that long actually...
  • Given that the Railway is to be Starbucks, I'm sure we can all visualise the new front. I saw what appeared to be original ceilings and rafters on the upper floors midway through the works. It was lovely. All covered up again now.
  • edited May 2014
    <b style="font-style: normal;">HGY/2014/1205</b><br>2 Lancaster Road N4 4PP<br>Erection of single storey rear ground floor extension (householder application)<br>Date Registered: 06/05/2014<br><b><br><span style="font-style: normal;">HGY/2014/1233</span></b><br>41a Ferme Park Road N4 4EB<br>Erection of rear ground floor extension and creation of new basement level.<br>Date Registered: 07/05/2014<br><br><b style="font-style: normal;">HGY/2014/1236</b><br>83C Florence Road N4 4DL<br>Formation of rear dormer and insertion of three front rooflights<br>Date Registered: 08/05/2014<br><br><b style="font-style: normal;">HGY/2014/1253</b><br>Flat C 23 Woodstock Road N4 3ET<br>Erection of a rear single storey extension to lower ground floor flat for additional bedroom and dining area, improve amenity space and demolition of existing external staircase<br>Date Registered: 09/05/2014<br><b><br>HGY/2014/1253</b><br>Flat C 23 Woodstock Road N4 3ET<br>Erection of a rear single storey extension to lower ground floor flat for additional bedroom and dining area, improve amenity space and demolition of existing external staircase<br>Date Registered: 09/05/2014<br>
  • <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi">I’ve changed my mind about the extension to the roof of the Railway Tavern.  They appear to have aged the bricks somehow, and it’s hard to tell what’s old and what’s new.  Credit where it’s due – the building has more presence now.  What a shame it’s not still a pub.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
  • Benmyring and Miss Annie, fortunately Brownies will be moving to the Cape Centre at the top of Crouch Hill- not sure how long for.
  • edited May 2014
    Islington applications:<div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b>P2014/1561/FUL</b><br>Nuchen Pharmacy, 159 Stroud Green Road, London N4 3PZ </div><div>Erection of single storey rear extension </div><div>Registered Date: 12-May-14<br><br><b>P2014/1457/FUL</b><br>The Railway Public House, Wells Terrace, London, N4 3JU<br>Installation of a new shop front.<br>Registered Date: 7-May-14<br>- NOW WITH DOCUMENTS – the elevations can be seen <a href="http://planning.islington.gov.uk/NorthgatePublicDocs/00315644.pdf">here</a>:<br> - better than I feared.</div>
  • It's going to be quite big isn't it.  I think the building looks really good, design seems quite posh too.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shop-front design.<br><br>Building was gutted and extended vertically so definitely not the original building.<br>
  • It amused me slightly that they failed to show the new floor on those elevations.  They have been quite respectful of the architecture of the building, perhaps because they seem to be under the impression that it's in a conservation area.
  • Every time you reply to anything I say you always come across so picky - either that or it's just paranoia.<br>
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Case in point - but I do agree with your 2nd two sentences<br>
  • Not sure if I caught you on a bad day but I was not intending to be bitchy or have a slanging match with you - life is far too short for that.
  • <b>Islington</b><br><br>P2014/1815/FUL<br>63 Moray Road Islington London N4 3LD<br>Construction of a second floor rear addition to form new bathroom, alterations to rear facade at first floor level, addition of a balustrade at rear second floor level and replacement window.<br>30-May-14 <br><br><b>Harringay</b><br><br>HGY/2014/1341<br>74 Mount Pleasant Crescent N4 4HL<br>Erection of a single storey side infill extension (householder application)<br>Date Registered: 20/05/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1347<br>Flat 1 104 Stapleton Hall Road N4 4QA<br>Erection of wooden shed / summerhouse in rear garden<br>Date Registered: 20/05/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1400<br>10 Quernmore Road N4 4QU<br>Erection of rear decking with timber / glass banister at ground floor level and formation of roof terrace at rear first floor level (householder application)<br>Date Registered: 23/05/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1421<br>Ground Floor 28 Stroud Green Road N4 3EA<br>Variation of Condition 2 (dry cleaners only) attached to planning permission OLD/1980/1397 to use premises as an A1 use<br>Date Registered: 28/05/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1436<br>Flat B 3 Albany Road N4 4RR<br>Replacement of small window and door to rear with sliding patio doors, and removing a small window.<br>Date Registered: 29/05/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1466<br>25 Lancaster Road N4 4PJ<br>Erection of steel balcony to flat roof<br>Date Registered: 02/06/2014<br><br>HGY/2014/1500<br>28 Mount Pleasant Crescent N4 4HP<br>Formation of rear dormer and insertion of front rooflights, addition of bay window to ground floor rear flank wall elevation, and creation of roof terrace on top of rear addition (householder application)<br>Date Registered: 04/06/2014<br>
  • HGY/2014/1421<br>Ground Floor 28 Stroud Green Road N4 3EA<br>Variation of Condition 2 (dry cleaners only) attached to planning permission OLD/1980/1397 to use premises as an A1 use<br>Date Registered: 28/05/2014<br><br>Within the above the applicant says:<br><br>"I would like to use the premises as a retail shop selling vintage homewares and art and craft works.  Please remove the condition that the premises can only be used as a dry cleaners".<br>
  • edited June 2014
    <b>LOWER STROUD GREEN ROAD GENTRIFICATION ALERT</b><div style="font-weight: normal;"><b><br></b></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">I'm not sure I'd ever even noticed that there was a dry cleaners there.  Is it actually open?</div>
  • Art and crafts seems to be very popular on SGR now. 
  • Yeah, it's set-back a little between the Chinesse take-away and wonderfully named 'Save Off License' - as though it's pre-empting it's future loss....<br>
  • The guy in the SnowWhite shop said that the dry cleaners at no. 28 didn't actually do any cleaning, he just took it in, then took it up the road to SnowWhite.
  • I thought most dry-cleaner didn't actually do any cleaning but sent it off to outside London/industrial estates where the cleaning takes place on a bigger scale?<br>
  • edited June 2014
    Lower Stroud Green Rd already has Season, John Jones and Park Theatre (almost). It started gentrifying ages ago!
  • But crafts and vintage homeware is surely on a whole other level.  I'm not even sure what it means.  Is it like the stuff they try to sell in the old garage by the Stapleton?
  • Annie - don't forget the delicatessen that no one can afford to buy from
  • I saw lots of people in the deli yesterday - seems to be doing okay.<div><br></div><div>Regarding prices, I think it is interesting that some people think that £4 for a piece of cheese or other deli deliciousness is horrendously expensive and only for the bourgeoisie, whereas paying £4 for a pint of beer or lager in one of the pubs is sort of okay.  Similarly, people will happily spend over £2 for a cup of coffee, but think that paying over £2 for a loaf of bread is a rip off. </div><div><br></div><div>How much is a pint of beer in the pubs round here now anyway? (Wetherspoons excepted)</div>