SGWI welcomes everyone to a Gillian Tindall talk on Monday 16th June

We, at Stroud Green WI, are absolutely delighted to throw open our doors and welcome you all to a talk by the wonderful Gillian Tindall on Monday 16th June.  She is the celebrated author of many books, among them the acclaimed Three Houses Many Lives, a fascinating history of three houses, including our very own Stapleton Hall.  We are giving you plenty of notice to clear your diary and be first through the doors in a couple of weeks.<div><br></div><div>Everybody is welcome to attend (yes, even men!) and entry to the event is free (!) but if you need any further temptation then we will be offering you a bountiful selection of our own homemade cakes and bakes for a paltry cost.  Gillian Tindall and delicious food, we are so spoiling you.  Doors open at 7.30pm at The Hideaway, Ennis Road, Finsbury Park, N4 3HD on Monday 16th June.  We look forward to seeing you all there.  Make sure you bring hungry tummies and a thirst for local history.</div>

Comments

• This sounds ace.  Shame that's it's on Game of Thrones S4 Finale Night.
  • Sounds really good. I have to leave for football at 2030. Would that be ok?
  • Of course, should think the talk would end by then and she'll be on to questions.
  • It's finally here!  Our long awaited talk held by none other than Gillian Tindall.  We are so super excited and hope you are too.  The WIers have been hard at work mixing, baking and icing various delightful goodies for you all over the weekend.  Got a craving for Strawberry Snickerdoodle Cheesecake?  Fancy some Wensleydale and Bacon Ale Jam Scones?  And most importantly, do you want to hear Gillian Tindall's fascinating insight into Stapleton Hall?  Please don't let the boring football keep you at bay.  Come!  Sit!  Eat cake and enjoy the wonderful evening we've got planned for you.<div>We look forward to seeing you all (yes, men even you!) at The Hideaway, Ennis Road, Finsbury Park, N4 3HD TONIGHT!!!!</div><div>Doors open at 7.30pm.</div>
  • Am really looking forward to it
  • What a wonderful talk. Am so gutted I had to leave early. I will have to buy the book to read as I had loads of questions. @Vertski and the rest of the WI thank you for all the wonderful cake and tea and the kind warm welcome to me. I really enjoyed it. i hope to visit again next time you have an open session. 
  • It was really great to meet you, @Sutent, & I'm so glad you enjoyed it!