Wireless Festival 2014 - Finsbury Park

Comments

• Changing the thread slightly, but I'm sure I saw a bleached haired Andy Kershaw driving a golf cart in the cordoned off area.
  • I thought you'd been banned?
  • For any Stroud Green ward residents, you might like to write to your new Labour councillors about any concerns you have about events in the park. The previous Lib Dem councillors opposed the new policy but lost the vote to the Labour majority. Now we have Labour representation, it's definitely worth expressing your opinion (again). The email addresses are on the Haringey Council website. I back on to the park and could tell which song the Arctic Monkeys were playing with my doors and windows closed. Not OK.
  • The huge solid metal fence stretches the entire length of Seven Sisters Rd edge of the park from Manor House gates to Finsbury Park gates. Horrible and intimidating. Poor old park.
  • I'd like to know exactly how much extra has been spent on the park as a result of the concerts. <br><br>I think that if the park is going to be pimped out like this, the council should be providing detailed information on that and have a public programme of improvements over the next few years they plan to make with the money.<br><br><br><br>
  • Ask them via the new local councilors or do a FOI on them<br>
  • @PapaL -- I'm not sure where I read this, it could have been on here, that the money generated from the FP events went towards increasing general Council revenue. It's not dedicated to Finsbury Park or any other specific programmes.
  • @joeV - that's why I said it, I remember reading the same thing. I've seen no discernible improvement to any park facility or improved maintenance a year into the big gigs plan. <br><br>I think the council should be making the commitment I mentioned above. Seems only fair.<br><br>@Ali - I plan to do just that.<br>
  • When I went to the Consultation regarding Wireless the council could give no guarantee that the revenue generated would be invested in the park. Friends of Finsbury park have evidence from previous moneygenerated from the park films etc has not been reinvested. 
  • The money made from the events 'allegedly' goes into ALL Haringey parks. I find this a bit poor as some of those parks have Lottery funding, some didn't spend all of their budget last year and none of them are being pimped out. My biggest concern is that the council struggle to manage themselves and run the borough effectively, let alone manage a corporate entity like Wireless. According to Simon Farrow, the money will be going into the demolition of the hut by the softball area to make way for another cafe. And over the next year or so, we should see more street lighting in the park. All good things. However, the space taken up by Wireless is way bigger than the proposed space on the Labour/councils flawed consultation paper.
  • <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;line-height: normal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">Looking at the Council web site the map there is here<br> <br> http://www.haringey.gov.uk/wireless_event_map.pdf<br>; <br> A draft of the plan for this can be found here</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; line-height:normal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">http://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/Published/C00000601/M00006706/AI00035918/EMPPart1.pdf</span></p>; <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family: "Times New Roman","serif";mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language: EN-GB"><br> It is 60 odd pages long and looks quite thorough, even allows for a mortuary should one be needed !<br> <br> Lots of other info can be found here<br> <br> http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/council/publications/publicationscheme/gs-search.htm?q=Live+Nation<br>; <br> seems quite open to me although how accurate the published docs who knows</span></p>
  • The space occupied here is larger than that proposed in the 'consultation'. The trees John Jones destroyed weren't on their original planning applications. Can such documents as these not be regarded as remotely binding? Shouldn't there be an overwhelming obligation of accuracy?
  • There really should be.
  • There must be an agreed plan somewhere as I would doub't Live Nation can come along and do what  it wants.<br><br>Police H&S concerns etc  would surely demand a layout plan but where is it ?<br><br><br>
  • edited July 2014
    There is no doubt an agreed to plan between LiveNation and the Council, but it appears it may not to be the one put forward in the consultation process.
  • Could hear music last night till pretty late - was it coming from the Park, did anyone think?
  • It must have been, there was something going on the night before too.  In my sleep deprived mind it seemed to go on til about 3am?<br><br>Must have been something to do with wireless as seemed like a pretty impressive soundsystem..<br><br>Does anyone know what it is, can't believe they've been allowed to have music that loud, that late?<br>
  • It was certainly still going at 2am, when I went to bed...
  • From an earlier post above<br><br>http://www.haringey.gov.uk/finsburyparkevents<br><br>It has a map as well as load of other info.<br><br>If Live Nation have been causing  you probelms try this:<br><br>"If you have any questions or concerns leading up to the Wireless Festival please contact the promoters LiveNation by emailing <a href="mailto:FinsburyPark.residents@livenation.co.uk" title="FinsburyPark.residents@livenation.co.uk">FinsburyPark.residents@livenation.co.uk</a>. "<br><br>It woud be interesting to hear what  they say about the inferred  noise from the park<br><br><br>
  • The noise for the last two nights was something called #blockpartyforeignbbq (check twitter). Basically, 500 kids descended on the skate park with an industrial sound system, a boat load o' booze, weed and BBQ'd food to sell. The police were warned (by me) yesterday lunch time that it was going to happen again. It was reported to them again at 10pm (they said they'd had loads of calls about it) and when we called them again at 3am they basically apologised and said there was nothing they could do. A contact at Wireless told me that they'd been called by the police to ask if a couple of their security were available. In fairness to the kids, they were well behaved and peaceful. What can we expect when we have a huge festival full of 'their' music that few of them can afford to go to? The flip side is that I'm now sat on my sofa, barely able to type this due to lack of sleep ... And I'm sure many of us are in a similar position. Really annoyed by MPSHaringey though. I like them and think they have a great social media presence but there was way more they could have done to prevent this and created a rod for their own backs. Now kids know that they can turn up whenever they want and get away with doing the same again.
  • Did anyone one call the councils noise prevention team? No idea what Haringey's are like but Islington were good.
  • DillysDad  Thanks  for explaining it is too easy for folks to make lazy assumptions !<br><br>Wonder why the police can't stop it surely there  must be park by laws?<br>
  • Hi,<div><br></div><div>It's been ages since I last logged in and posted something on here but I thought that this may be of help... it seems that the Met does not deal with noise nuisance. You can find more information on their website (http://content.met.police.uk/Article/What-issues-dont-police-deal-with/1400006991119/1400006991119). You have to contact Haringey Council to complain about noise (http://www.haringey.gov.uk/noise.htm). We had to call Haringey Council once and they were quite quick in responding.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • edited July 2014
    I think they're a bit lame on this. 
  • I don't know what it is like noise wise at the park but it seems to have been very quiet  up here a snot heard a thing on either Friday or Saturday and people seem to be quite civilised walking up the road afterwards
  • Heard nothing at all Moray Rd, odd as when Stone Roses played we could hear it very well.
  • I nearly forgot it was on.  I saw something about Kanye West being booed after a 20 minute rant on the BBC news website this morning and thought that's my local park.
  • Outkast were quite loud.
  • Not a peep round here. I do like Outkast.
  • I have been hearing a racket the last few nights over on the River Lee, a neighbour on the mooring reckons its the Fest in Fin park, said he could hear Bruno Mars clearly ?