Park Theatre - Intimate Apparel

Went to see this last night and was on the whole pretty impressed.<div><div><br><div>I think I am beginning to discern a 'Park Theatre' play.    American, period (i.e. set in past), black, social issue-led, serious, character, women's rights, moral dilemmas.   The writers drawn from the recent award-winning, up-and-coming, in fashion or vaguely neglected.    Weak on classics, modern life, current affairs, British, youth, and politics.     It's a comfortable portfolio, but getting 'Charles III' would have really put it on the map.</div></div></div><div><br></div><div>Will review the play later.</div><div><br></div><div>Any thoughts anyone?</div>

Comments

• Hey Krappy I went last night and I really enjoyed the play. It covered lots of important issues very well<div><br></div><div>Overall the park theatre do very well covering lots of important issues. In the time I have been there I have seen the following issues being discussed. Women rights, Israel/Palestine, refugees, appartheid. We are very lucky to have it on our doorstep. I have never been to the theatre until park theatre arrived. The park theatre do very well trying to make the theatre affordable to everyone.</div>
  • edited July 2014
    I'm going to see this with my mother, sister, and girlfriend later in the month.  Is that going to be as excruciating an experience as I fear, judging by the title and publicity photo?<div><br></div><div>And krappy - what did you make of the Steve Richards thing?</div>
  • @Arkady, just be careful what you are wearing.<div><br></div><div>We can discuss political rock and roll over King's pawn to B3 in due course.</div>
  • Well that doesn't reassure me at all.
  • I saw this play on Sunday afternoon & can vouch it was really good, standing ovation at the end, great cast especially the lead.
  • edited January 2018
  • It is one of the plays picked for review in today's Sunday Times - four stars.<div><br></div><div>Well done Park Theatre!</div>
  • edited January 2018
  • Was mentioned on Radio 4 too.  Looking forward to it now.
  • Arkady I think you will really enjoy it. Some really good twists