Vintage Homewares

Gentrification on the march?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    It's gone past the march and it has invaded.  I'm a bit fed up ranting about it and realise it's the way London is going. Not a lot I can do about it. Stroud Green still retains some its old charm and many of the budget restaurants and pubs are still here.  And there have been a few decent additions like Vagabond and the Organic Shop (the one a few doors from the Mind shop).  I don't buy organic veg as it's a bit pricey but some of the tofu,rice and free range eggs are about the same price as Tesco and it supplies many other products a veggie often requires that are not available in the supermarkets.  Plus the fruit and veg shop near Cats is quite good too.
  • Is this a new shop? Haven't walked down SGR north of Tollington Park for ages.
  • The Organic Shop is about a year old I think.  
  • Vintage homewares or whatever it's called is new. Bit south of the World's End, on the other side. I'm actually quite impressed: very 50s/60s and Danish, which isn't necessarily my thing, but good examples of it and prices seemed ok. They have a gallery space out back and are thinking of running drawing classes and suchlike.
  • edited December 2017
  • edited April 2017
    Gardener Joe – I think we have this exchange about once every six months, but I’m happy to have another go. The SGR is on a NW–SE axis, occasionally tilting towards N/NW-S/SE. Suggesting that something is ‘north’ or ‘south’ along it is surely perfectly reasonable, especially given how it fits into the wider geography. Usually this is where you make a point about being able to see the sun at the bottom of SGR in the morning, which is when I point out that this is because we live in the northern hemisphere rather than on the equator.