Gentrification of London and Finsbury Park

edited April 2015 in Local discussion
This doesn't talk about Finsbury Park but Does relate to what is happening in the area. The thing that really pushed me over the edge was seeing a douche bag from Starbucks at the station, standing outside the small cafe opposite giving out free tasters.  <br><br>https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/this-is-fucking-vandalism-londons-history-and-culture-are-being-destroyed-in-the-name-of-greed/<br><br><br>;

Comments

• Will anyone on here admit to going to Starbucks?
  • Me.  I love Starbucks.
  • I've been twice, once on opening day. Only place that does chai latte.
  • Yeah, that's why I go there.  I can't stand coffee.  The pop-up coffee stand at Crouch Hill has a pretty good one, but it's not as good as Starbucks.
  • If you can't stand coffee, why bother?  Just go and have a cup of tea at Gadz's across the road instead.   Local guy, bit of a character, sitting out area, sofa at the back, bit scruffy perhaps but so what?   Excellent Lebanese food by the way.<div><br></div><div>You wouldn't get me into a Starbucks even if the third world war was breaking out and they were offering free blow jobs.</div>
  • I went to starbucks once as was running late for work and needed some food! Would always choose Exeter St Bakery, Park Theatre or Cottage Cafe for a coffee.<br>
  • Exeter street bakery looks horrible. I have never been inside. 
  • @Sutent Exeter Street bakery is quite OK to sit in, staff are friendly and coffee seems OK, but pizza slices and stuff are overpriced.  It's a good place to take a laptop if like me you use cafes to work in (very plug friendly), but I don't see it as a great place to just hang out and have a coffee or actually eat anything.
  • It's great.  It's my regular meeting place for an evening drinks with best friend - we previously rotated between coffee shop and pub as I wanted a cider and him a latte, now we can have both!  The pizzas are great if you are sharing and quite good value and filling I've found.<br>
  • Yes, excellent value for sharing, not so much if you wanted one on your own. Interesting beers that are hard to get elsewhere. And it has that industrial ambience that suits pre-Park Theatre drinks.
  • Oh, and Aperol Spritz, which pleases my mother.
  • Never been there in the evening. Didn't even know it was open. A lot of caffs close at 5-ish but I appreciate this is no ordinary caff, and to be welcomed. Will try. Is there a danger of meeting Arkady ' s mother though?
  • I think some things, such as Starbucks, dog baiting and Amazon should be absolutely boycotted by everyone. Starbucks is easier to boycott than most.
  • Open quite late evenings except Sundays.  On some Fridays and Saturdays they have DJs in there!<br>
  • Never been to StarBucks, last visit to McDonalds was in 1982. I hate them both.<div>London was a totally different place in the 1970/80/90s. It's losing its identity rapidly, but it's better in many ways also.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I moved to Totnes to get away from it all and split my time between there and Stroud Green. Totnes managed to repulse Costa coffee last year through Community Action. It is possible!</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • edited December 2017
  • edited June 2015
    <br><div><br></div><div> </div>