Retail unit next to Sainsburys

Does anyone know what is likely to open in the just about finished unit under Sketch House, next to Sainsburys?<div><br></div><div>It's massive. I was expecting it to be two shops at least but it only has one door. The builders I asked didn't seem to know but I also can't see a TO LET sign so assume it's already filled.</div><div><br></div><div>It'd be the biggest Pret A Manger I've ever seen or a relatively small M&S. I'll cross my fingers for a branch of Foyles. Unlikely.</div>

Comments

• It'd be sensible if it were an art shop, particularly as you'd have over 200 art student customers living right above.
  • edited May 2015
    If I were M&S it would be an M&S food.<div><br></div><div>Kerching!</div>
  • <p>How about a Werthersppons for the students.</p><p>One they come it wll be even more impossible to get into the Fulback on a Friday</p><p> </p>
  • Pub doesn't look likely. No basement level for barrels. Also opposite a massive pub.<div><br></div><div>M&S food seems possible. Hadn't thought of an art shop, maybe John Jones will reopen in there but yeah seems good business.</div>
  • <p>WLM has no  basement  cellar</p><p> </p><p>465  new students  and thier  partners and friends will soon fill up the Worlds End.</p><p> </p><p>Agree it probbaly won't be a pub but we may need another pub or do students  not go to the pub anymore ?</p>
  • Looking at the price they will be paying to live there I'm not sure they could afford the pub!<div><br></div><div>I haven't seen a license application yet which will be first sign of who will be taking the unit.  They had a to let sign up there quite recently so maybe it is under offer..... Anyone heard from Ajani?</div>
  • More chinese students are coming to the UK to study art. Austerity has decreased the amount of local students applying for these courses. The advantage is it will be fantastic for the diversity of the area. With the influx of foreign students hopefully will bring their food and culture with them. Exciting times
  • @ NorthNineteen<div><br></div><div>I was too, wondering about Ajani and wanted an update...</div><div>Nothing on his website and Facebook.</div>
  • Oh to live and dream! <div><br></div><div>If you want to see what's on offer in terms of the fun and excitement that student housing will deliver to the area, simply stroll past the many, many student housing projects in Islington, which is chock-a-block with them.</div><div><br></div><div>The large housing blocks outside of Caledonian Road tube are mostly for students, including this gem: </div><div>http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2013/aug/29/carbuncle-cup-student-housing-ucl</div><div><br></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Anyway, the major hubs of activity there are a Costa, because, I assume, the wi-fi and a Nisa, because of the cheap booze, which again, I assume, students buy and take back to their closets. </span><br></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div>
  • I assumed it would be a depressing gym, don't these new student blocks generally have one of those on the ground floor?
  • But that would probably be on one of the other two sites, this retail unit is completely separate from the student accommodation block.
  • Planet Organic, maybe.
  • I'm holding out for a supersized Oliver Bonas
  • i've got my hopes up for an art supplies/bookshop or something similar, but just assume it'll be some form of cafe tbh.
  • A wig shop would be great