Airport transfer recommendations?

We need to get to Heathrow with two cases, two buggies and 1yr old twins next week. Our days of travelling there by tube are over for now! Can anyone recommend a good airport transfer service which will do drop off and pick up as well as provide two car seats?

Comments

• I've had some success with Hillside Cars on Quernmore Road.
  • edited September 2014
    <br><div>Ladies and Gents Minicabs in Archway (used to be Ladies Cab) are good and provide the car seats.<br><div><br></div></div>
  • edited September 2014
    <p>Express Cars on Hornsey Road have provided that very service for me recently.  Good service and a decent price.</p> <p>They have a range of car seats in varying sizes and for when the kids are a little older some cars with kiddies' seats built-in to the back seats. </p> <p>020 7272 1717</p>
  • I second Express Cars - I use them regularly  (although I was not sure if they provided the car seats) and they are very reliable.<div><br></div>
  • I third express cars. Always on time for airport pickups I cant comment on child seats. 
  • Thank you all, should have checked on here when we had to bring them home from hospital last year!<div><br></div><div>Express Cars booked for £90 return journey inc two car seats. Its a bit dearer than a normal car as I had to ask for a people carrier just to fit the buggies and cases comfortably. </div><div><br></div><div>I love sg.org </div> :)
  • It loves you back.  *grouphug*
  • edited September 2015
    Hi all. I'm sorry to say that I have now used Express Cars twice based on your recommendations and it has been a terrible service both times. Never ever again. Both times they have been really late in collecting us, this morning it was 30mins after the time we booked them for. The worst bit is that they call at the time they should have picked us up to say they are less than 10mins away. 15 mins later when you call to chase up they give the excuse that he had to find an estate car and arrange to collect the car seats. I booked three weeks before so our requirements were well known to them therefore a really crap excuse. Both times when they finally arrived the car seats were not fitted and we had to do it ourselves in a rush with no instructions. The driver told us to use an adult seat belt on a 1yr old when he saw us struggling. Really poor service.
  • Ladycabs have been very good.
  • I've used the little taxi company in Quernmore Road several times to get to Stanstead. Good value , good service.
  • I like Capital Cars, have used them for years & found them pretty reliable. Can't speak to provision of baby seats, though.
  • edited September 2015
    I've booked five-star (over five years ago) on SGR near Post Office to go to Liverpool street for early morning train to Stansted and Paphos, Upper Tollington Park near junction with SGR over the last few years to St. Pancras early morning and both have arrived before the time booked. So recommended.
  • The reason we used them twice was because the collection at the airport to take us home the first time round was very good. Driver was expecting us and the car seats had been well fitted. It's difficult to find a company that includes car seats so that's why I thought I would try them again.
  • We've used Ladycabs (ladies and gents nowadays I think?) whenever we've needed a cab with a child seat, including to get home from hospital after our son was born. They've always been on time with the car seat already fitted, with very friendly and helpful drivers.
  • You worry about child seats. What about dogs? A lot of drivers refuse to carry them at all. We booked a car (and dog) with Capital for this morning, but when the driver arrived, he just drove straight off again without stopping claiming he had 'an emergency'. I suspect he saw the dog. Now we are late. Thumbs down to Capital. Gah.
  • Even proper taxis don't always take dogs. Did you tell them you had a dog when you booked? Hailo will take them (if you mention the dog when you book) and will also take non fold up bikes, prams etc. Hailo is run by black cab drivers but on a fixed fee account basis - like Über but nicer.
  • Krappys' dog is so cute
  • @Miss Annie Yes, it was all arranged and discussed when booked, Capital was going to charge £2 surcharge for 'dry cleaning' (ha!).
  • Krappyrubsnif, yes we have been through that too! We just tended to book a Zip Car when the dog needed to go somewhere far so drove it ourselves and made sure everything was clean and swept of dog hair afterwards.
  • My dog does not shed. Bioengineered not to.